• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Hot Rod Wrecker Project

Started by PuckHog, May 08, 2011, 11:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

W.P. Rayner

Agreed... this is wonderful work. Really enjoying watching this build. Thanks PuckHog for posting the pictures and am certainly looking forward to more.

I expect you are familiar with Jimmy Shine's 34 truck, Bare Nekkid. I've been into traditional bikes for years and am now really starting to like the whole traditional rod genre. Riddler winners can be very nice indeed, but I like seeing what some regular Joe can create with his own hands in his own garage with scrounged used parts and whatever else he has on hand. To my mind, that's the essence of building choppers and hot rods (not having one built by a bunch of fairies with a TV show and a clothing line... oops slipping into a favourite rant here... ;-))

Paul

Scratchman

Very nice job Randy. I love models of old truck.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

marc_reusser

....um...um...just flabergasted! That is some beautiful fabrication work....and superb model so far. I really look forward to seeing more of this.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

PuckHog

Thank you folks, I appreciate all the kind comments.

Had some time to update with more pic's...

Adding more detail to the motor..

Solder for the headers,  some white metal pulleys from Western Scale Models, Metal tubing for the starter ..

Making up a fan and adding shiftter and linkage...

Mocked up..

Starting on the firewall...

Cab floor using tin and copper sheeting....

That is all for now,  thanks for looking in!

Randy

Malachi Constant

Sufferin' Succotash and Holy Shiitake!  (I got in line early this time)  ;)

That is beautiful, amazing, awe-inducing and extremely inspiring work.  It is an absolute delight to see the numerous photos showing the various fabrication processes and the progress shots as the components all go together.

So, MANY THANKS for the time and effort it takes to shoot and share all those pix ... and keep them coming!

Outstanding!
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Mobilgas

Randy,   This is one COOL build......Very nice Fab work ;D
Craig

Ken Hamilton

Randy, that's some serious fabrication. 
(A timing pin on the crank pulley?  Really....do they let you use tools at the Asylum?.... :o...)

What Model Car forums do you post on?  I know some other guys who would LOVE to see this.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Ray Dunakin

This is just jaw-droppingly awesome! As Dallas said, thanks for taking the time to document the build and post it here.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

TRAINS1941

Holy Sh*t!!!!!!  How often do they let you out of the hospital???

That is just unbelievable!!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Those headers are very impressive! Kudos for handling that soft material so well.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 12, 2011, 09:47:18 AM
Those headers are very impressive! Kudos for handling that soft material so well.

Yes indeed... maybe I should have you build the pipes for my next bike...  ;)

Fabulous work Randy... I'm thinking you've had some experience working on the real thing because you certainly know your subject well.

Paul

Ray Dunakin

What did you use for the basic shape of the engine and tranny? Is it from a kit, or homemade casting?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World