• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

Heck he even threw in the kitchen sink! :o Very convincing scene! Especially like the bike too.

Only thing I see need ing attention is the highlights on the rock/stone wall; too bright. May be tone them down with some dark grey powders or gauche?

-Marty

PuckHog

Hi Anders,     That is an amazing scene!!!!!   Some of the most realistic usage of grasses and shrubs I have seen.  Your attention to the details is really out of this world.
   That bike is so neat but maybe trun the handlebars so it is not all on the same plane?

This was worth the wait!!!!!

Randy

shropshire lad

Ahhh,that looks like home from home . But a bit tidier .

Excellent job . It looks like I need to up my game when I next do some scenery modelling .

The only problem is , where's the train track ?

Nick

Chuck Doan

It is so convincing that the local authorities want it all cleaned up NOW!

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

chester

good stuff Anders, all looking very convincing. I too like the bike.
But there is a stone or two out of place compared to the prototype wall (wink)

Gordon Ferguson

Hi Anders,

glad you posted these ............ still looking good and making my scenery progress looking a bit sick ;)

Looking at the photos again, and we are now getting to the nit picking stage, think I would wear down the tread on the tyres a bit, like a lot .......... as an example that one perched behind the bike looks a bit too new to be dumped!

Maybe this will illustrate what I mean , one is extremely worn but what I would expect if it was junked.
Gordon

Malachi Constant

They're lining up at the gates ...
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

danpickard

Sorry Anders,
I can't really fault that much at all.  I think its an excellent little observation of junk collecting.  I really like some of the elements, such as the old panel of wall tiles dumped on the ground, the bike is very cool, and even small things, like how even though the assortment of pipes and steel are just dumped, they still have that feel that they have been layed out for methodical spotting when you go down to the back yard to find that elusive piece you were after (the way a junk collector just knows exactly where they placed that one piece they need).

I really look forward to seeing thestructural side of this diorama come together now.

Thanks for sharing the updates,
Dan

marc_reusser

I think it looks great.

the only real criticism I have is re. the bicycle (did you really think I would miss this? ;D).....if you are going tone the fron wheel/rimm like that, you definitely need to remove the tire......the metal rim can bend like you show...but no way is the tire goint to take/keep that shape. 8)

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mobilgas

Marc,   sounds like you have some experience with bent bicycle rims  ::)
Craig

Ray Dunakin

Excellent work! In the shots where the 1:1 background is visible, it's hard to tell where the scale foliage ends and the "real" stuff begins.

There are many great little details, for instance the the small mounds of excess concrete and the crumbling blocks of concrete that set up before being dumped. Those are things I've seen in real junk piles so many times!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Thanks very much for the input guys! ;D Here we go one by one....

MARTY,

Those white spots are very visible in reality but don´t look so great on a model as most people don´t know what it is so they will be toned down.

RANDY,

I could turn the handlebars but not the fork ???

NICK;

TRACK.............. ??? ??? ??? Passing by "my" blacksmith shop and dump site - maybe in the UK ;D ;D ;D

CHUCK;

Authorities ??? My junk is tiny but the old man (the owner of the blacksmith shop) might have a problem very soon although he looks quite relaxed in the attached picture changing from winter to summer tires.

GORDON,

Agree and I have another set of tires that are pretty beat up so I´ll swap those and the newer looking ones can be placed in the garage.

CHESTER,

I fixed the tarp that you complained about in your previous post - now this! ;) ;)

MARC,

Have a couple of other bikes that I can do a better job on. Haven´t worked much with styrene in 1/87 scale and got  myself a surprise here. After removing all the obvious military stuff on the bike and then replacing all the details such as spokes,gears, chain and ten other things I heated the front wheel carefully and it looked pretty good. After it had been painted I thought it needed a little more twist - almost set the entire bike on fire. Now I learned - never heat anything up that has been painted. Anyway here is a bike that is not too far away from mine. If you have any ideas on how to make that wheel better looking the next time it would be appreciated. Major problem with the tire as it´s cast as one piece together with the rim. ???

Anders  ;D

Junior

Junior

Junior