• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k27rgs

It was worth the wait. 
Absolutely brilliant in all areas.   Scenery, realistic detail weathering, mini scenes, etc.
You must have owned a junk yard in another life.

Love the the crap around where the concrete mix has set. 
Typical builders making a quick mortar mix for a retaining wall with reo.

The whole composition is first class.
Nothing looks like it was just "planted" and everything is well blended.  So realistic.
As with your garage & large machinery shed projects, I think it will be too much for a lot of RTR modelers.
But that's OK... room for all in the hobby ( "M" being diplomatic )

Congratulations Anders.  You will inspire many modelers in the coming years, as other modelers have done on this forum.

I will save and study these photos for many weeks to come.

regards

Mario Rapinett

TRAINS1941

Your work is just beautiful.

Some of the best life like scenes ever.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

I'm back from my trip to NYC. I like what you have done. Good stuff. -- Russ

Junior

Thanks very much Mario, Jerry and Russ! ;D

Will now start on the end wall facing the front of the diorama and I have a question here. Thinking about using 5 mm foam core board covered with a layer of air clay and then press in the stones through the clay and into the foam core in order to get them level with the bricks and wood panel. Any better sugestions? ???

Shropshire Nick - anybody home? ??

Anders  ???

Junior

jacq01

Anders,

arrange the stones of the wall face down. That way you have the face in one plane. fill from the back the grout with plaster. Use baking paper to prevent sticking of glue/plaster.
when doen you can add the foam core board as reinforcement and body for the rest.

Coming along very well.
  jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Junior

Thanks Chuck! Interesting - hadn´t seen this before and I feel right at home  ;D! Will post some pics. from my "collection".

Anders  ;D

Junior

Time for an update guys.....work is slow during the summer months ;D!

These pictures are of the main building that will feature a small garage with full interior and two storage areas. It´s somewhat compressed here and there as only the long wall measures 21 m on the prototype which would scale down to 60 cm.... far too much :(. Need space as well for the small resedential building at the end although I will "slice" that in half against the background. Could probably work with some trees and bushes against the back just as on the dump site. The south wall will be facing the dump site.

Dave "DaKra" was kind enough to cut the cast iron windows and Gordon "Gfadvance" volounteered to make the hinges for the double doors, thanks guys ;D!

The concrete on the inside of the walls are still in an experimental stage using a paper that has been coated with plaster I beleive, got it from a guy here in Sweden. The stones on the west wall looks very black in the prototype picture but that´s because they are wet so I tried to represent them in a more normal condition. The boarded up doors on that same wall will probably have some shelves or maybe a tool board on the interior side that´s why only the two horizontal boards are done.

Any kind of comments and suggestions welcome ???!

Anders

Pic.1 ][/img]

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior