• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

danpickard

Hi Anders,
Just stunning...
You have yourself a very interesting subject to model, with loads of micro features that tell its story and make it that little bit unique.  I very much appreciate the effort you are going to with faithful reproductions of most of the details, such as actually using the paint and age marks of the doors as a template almost, rather than just being influenced by how they look.  I can't really fault anything I keep seeing in this thread...timber colours spot on, the markings on the concrete wall are great, even the white wash effect on the external brickwork seems to have just the right amount of red brick showing through.   Amazing...

I am itching now to see where the inside contents of the shop go.  That shot used mainly to show the concrete wall has a rather broad spectrum of equipment stacked against it (from the rusting elderly pieces, to modern quick clamps and folding garden chairs).

Thankyou for the eye candy updates!
Dan

Frederic Testard

Anders, marvellous work. I love this will you have to take a 1:1 piece like this door and to model it exactly as it is. This is certainly one of the best ways to improve oneself.
Frederic Testard

Design-HSB

Quote from: Junior on August 25, 2011, 02:44:07 AM
Pic.18[im g][/img]
Hi Andres,
a really shown top model faithful work.
What material did you use for the walls of the building and how you handled it.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

chester

Incredible attention to the prototype Anders and incredible replication in scale. Great work!

Mr Potato Head

Who are you? Are you some kind of super modeler by day and some Super hero by night? Fantastic job! I love the attention to detail, fantastic! Is this going into a layout or will it be a standalone piece ?
And I have been meaning to ask? What's with your "Avatar" who is that a picture of?
Thanks
MPH
"A wise man knows everything, a shrewd one, everybody"
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Junior

Thanks very much all of you guys - much appreciated!  ;D ;D ;D.

Here´s some answers to the questions asked.

Jacques and M.P. Head,

Footprint will be 60 x 120 cm with the dump site taking up half of that space. This will be just a single diorama but with possibilities to add other buildings on seperate bases in the future. The avatar is a very young Dido Armstrong - British mega star singer. When I joined the forum about a year ago this was one of the avatars provided - wonder why myself ???? Attached is a more recent picture.

Pic. 1. ][/img]

Junior

Helmut,

Hundreds of things going on with every wall as there are so many different materials and unfortunately I didn´t shoot any pictures during construction but will do that for sure with the remaining walls that will basically include the same materials. Much easier to explain that way.

Dan,

Details and junk......holy crap look at this  :o! Another picture with the proud owner of all that stuff explaining to me how the former shop worked with the overhead belt drive system etc. As explained earlier in this thread I will modify this space to a garage with a guy working on a car and a couple of motorcycles. Some of the junk shown could go into the adjacent building where there will be two small rooms. No way I could model all that stuff and I´m not sure it would be that interesting either.

Anders  ;D

Pic.2.[i mg][/img]

BKLN

Anders,
You absolutely have to build the Gnome / Dvärgar in the window!

Junior

Ha.... ;D ;D ;D! Why not....but how about the goofey creatures in the first picture (p.9) that I posted yesterday? They can be seen in the window to the right. I think they are even better...... ???.

Anders  ;D

Gordon Ferguson

Are we talking about those very scary & creepy figures on the right of picture 1 .............. I spotted those but thought better of making any comments .

However ignoring them the work is great Anders, you certainly have an eye for detail and then transposing into your scenes ....think my favourite has got to be the doors (lets ignore the hinges) but the colour, wood effects and all the details on them are superb.

Really inspirational and I look forward to more updates, at a speedier pace please Anders ............ Summer is nearly over!
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Wow!

I thought you were just going to do a building facade ... way too much to digest here in one sitting ... look forward to coming back and having a good look at everything ...

Holy Mackerel!
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

michael mott

Anders, I am inspired by your attention to the actual detail on the original elements in your model, the doors are stunning!

Michael

Franck Tavernier

Anders,

Great progress!  I Love the doors and reproductions of most of the details.

Nice coloring, and shipped paint effect  ;)

Franck

granitechops

Lost for words actually, Anders,
however,
one of your pics of bricks on a pallet in the dump, enthused me to take this one this afternoon, for reference
think its wagon or coach brake blocks
but not many weeds in sight, as too hard a ground

Edit;- Adds pic!!

PS I dont like their corrugated, it dont look right!!!!   ;D
Don in sunny Devon, England