• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Okay....thanks very much!

There´s for sure some creative brains at this forum - that´s why I asked ;D! Marty really like your idea due to the fact that the transition between the "back" of the main roof and the add on building is really weird as the add on is higher and also sloping, forgot to mention that yesterday. That´s another reason it´s difficult to make a removable roof with a tight fit.

Just a question Marty -with a detailed attic how would the interior be seen ???? Would appreciate additional info. on your thoughts.

Thanks again everybody,

Anders  ;D

TRAINS1941

Anders

Just catching up on this again.  Just a beautiful job.  Your detailing is unbelievable.  Good to see you back to this project.  Sure gives one the incentive to do more.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

lab-dad

I was thinking the back side of the roof half would be permanent, and the front side removable.
Just having the panels and furring strips to hold the roof together.
The rafters would be in place (or most of them) and that would leave the attic visible, but not what is below it.
I'll see if I can post a pic of what I'm thinking.......
-marty

pwranta193

Yikes... not sure how I lost track of this - I guess it proves that Facebook may actually be useful in one regard.  I won't dog pile on with the superlatives - as I think everyone has said it, but this is another one of your excellent signature pieces, Anders.  I really like seeing what you've done with the 1:35th scale - and how you have been able to go hog wild with the raft of available stuff, compared to the limitations in some of the other scales (which didn't seem to slow you down).  This is a great project and really inspiring.  I've been sitting and thinking about what I want to do next, and this really has my brain firing.

Paul
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

Hauk

Quote from: Junior on December 11, 2011, 02:11:33 AM
Airbrushed Alclad Gloss Black Primer - this is a must for the chrome finish. Dries in less than an hour. By the way Alclad paints can NOT be used with a brush they are too thin but have great coverage when you use an airbrush. VERY toxic >:(!

For the spanners that I wanted a new look I airbrushed Alclad Chrome. Another option might be Mirra Chrome but I haven´t tried that brand - very expensive at $90.00 a can.
It´s important to spray in a similar pattern as you were using a paint brush - back and forth and all in one go otherwise you´ll end up with a stainless steel finish which I did a couple of times. Keep pressure below 1,5.

Next a coat of Alclad Clear Gloss. The two ends of the spanners were masked with Tamiya tape and the middle part was airbrushed Alclad Stainless Steel. Thís is for the new look were the ends are usually in a chrome finish. Not sure there are any of those in the current pictures but they will appear here and there in the build later on.

The wrenches and the rest of the spanners were airbrushed Alclad Stainless Steel or Semi Mat Aluminum and dirtied up with AK Engine Grime and various other washes. On some of them I also carefully (these are tiny tools) scraped off the paint to reveal the black base paint for a more worn look.

Very convincing results, Anders!
Where do you buy the Alclad products, by the way?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Junior

Thanks very much Jerry and Paul   :) :)!

Hauk good to see you here. I bought the Alclad paints here:  http://www.modelsforsale.com/ and here http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/index.php?manufacturers_id=546.

Check out the excellent Alclad site for color charts etc. (can´t get to it right now)  ??? ???! Coming up soon SBS on the other tools and some of the details.

Anders  ;D

PS. Got it now http://alclad2.com/

Junior

Time for an update again! It´s been a couple of months and literally thousands of parts added - if one includes all the parts for the bikes as well. When I look at these oversized pictures I can see quite a few things that needs to be corrected. It´s a great aid with these kind of pictures but a lot of the things that "needs" to be fixed are not visible when viewed under normal circumstances but we all seem to do it in any case.
This is a massive project and almost too much but it´s still a lot of fun to work with. My next project (also in 1/35 scale) won´t have a tool in sight. The 1930´s Machine Shop, Krakow´s Auto Co. and this shop is certainly more then enough.

Anyway main shop area and spray paint room are almost done except for the small office corner in the main shop that will have a desk with a telephone, manuals etc. This has to wait until the front wall(s) are in place. A little detail here.....custom mixed paints didn´t have any labels on the cans in the sixties so that saved me quite a bit of work in the paint shop area.
Sorry for the crappy quality on some of the pictures but no LED´s have been installed yet and also in about two months I will have a photo session outdoors and hopefully the diorama is then finished and mounted in a frame together with the dump site.

As usual all sorts of input welcome.

Anders  ???

Pic.1 [im g][/img]

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

This small space is very much still in the works and will feature forgotten old tools etc. from another decade.

Pic.9 [im g][/img]