• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Thanks very much Franck, Hauk and Paul  ;D!

Hauk...I´ll bring it to the meeting in Norra Sandby if it doesn´t collide with the Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven, Holland which is also in October.

Anders

P.S. Short update on further progress soon.

Hauk

Quote from: Junior on March 13, 2012, 04:22:00 AM
Thanks very much Franck, Hauk and Paul  ;D!

Hauk...I´ll bring it to the meeting in Norra Sandby if it doesn´t collide with the Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven, Holland which is also in October.

Anders

P.S. Short update on further progress soon.

The Norra Sandby meeting is Saturday the 6th of October, and Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven is Sunday the 14th. So I guess that means there is a good chance to see you in Norra Sandby!

Really looking forward to the update as well.

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

pwranta193

Junior - I keep forgetting to ask what kind of a paint set up you have... you obviously work through a myriad of colors in a project like this, and are also working with some pretty toxic stuff (Alclad and some of the others?).  How do you cycle through efficiently, and how large is your area?  Are you running multiple guns and cleaning some while working with others?

Thanks - just wondering  ;D
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

Junior

Hey Paul,

I will take some pictures of my paint set up etc. and include them in my next post.....within a week or so. I do use multiple airbrushes one Iwata Eclipse and an old single action Badger but only because the Alclad paints requires very careful cleaning otherwise you have metallic pigments on your next paint job, so the Badger is designated for the Alclad paints.

I try to airbrush as much as possible in one session as I hate the cleaning part  >:(. Starting with the lighter colors and end the session with the darkest ones also means less cleaning between different colors but I´m sure you know all this.

Anders

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

Junior

Guys....time for an update again.

Seems like it takes about two monts between these updates mainly because I have a habit of not taking any pictures until I´m basically happy with the progress of this massive project. Anyway not that much work left.....everything is done except the scenery and detailing around the bulidings and dump site. All details are done except for two more figures. I will wright some short comments to the 27 pictures that I will post here and then as usual questions and all sorts of comments are welcome.

Anders

Pic.1 [img][/img]

Junior

Buildings etc. temporarly in place in the primed base. The final size came to 105 x 55 cm. I sliced the cottage at a slight angle facing the back in order to keep the width at 55 cm so I can move it myself without any problems. The weight was also kept at a minmum using almost no wood except for the MDF used around the box.

Pic.2][/img]

Junior

Junior

The cottage is kept in good condition as a contrast to the shop and there will be a painter who is more or less finished with a new coat of paint for the white trim. Sasha The Welding Girl from Industria Mekanicha will be the owners girlfriend and she keeps everything neat around the cottage...... ;D.

Pic.4 [img][/img]

Junior

Welcome mat by Dave Krakow - Vectorcut. In Swedish of course ;D!

Pic.5 [img][/img]

Junior

Junior

Reference pic. for the roof and smokestack.

Pic.6 [img][/img]

Junior

Junior

Detail of the south wall with obviousley more weathering than the north side.

Pic.8 [img][/img]

Junior