• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Okay, time for an update and GREEN is the color now. Didn´t bother with a correct background this time just some plain shots.

Made up a new small test piece that might work - still a few things to correct. Made a second base that will be placed next to the first one and these two will make up the entire dump site. To the left will be a narrow transition area featuring a very old stone wall and fence that can be seen in the picture with the small tree that I also tried to reproduce. Didn´t have the right leaf material on hand (slow manufacurer) but it will do for now. Right after that the L - shaped building with the yard area etc. The entire diorama will measure 110 x 50 cm much larger and much more work than I had originally planned for but no turning back now.

Found to small yellow and black details in my scrap box ;D that looks familiar ;) wonder what they are ??? Marc will probably know. They can be seen at the top of the scrap pile. Got some great help this time from a pro. landscape gardener regarding how things grow etc. Thanks Gordon and of course Dallas who seem to be available 24 hours a day.

As usual serious criticism most welcome.

Anders  ???

Pic.1[im g][/img]

Junior

Junior

lab-dad

I'm sorry but I'll be damned if I can find anything to complain about!
Looks real to me.
-Marty

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

PuckHog

Hello Anders,   Beautifull work as usual from you!!!  As I scroll thru the pics I have to really stop and try to figure out if I'm looking at the real thing or your model :) :)

Randy

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Junior on June 08, 2011, 04:48:15 AM
Pic.5[i mg][/img]

I think the transition from lush green countryside to arctic wasteland is a bit too drastic here ... but the rest of the pictures look nice!  ;D 

Det är inte California. Det är Sverige! Vacker...

-- Mr. 24 Hours
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

TRAINS1941

Anders,

Just catching up with this thread again.  As usual nothing new just perfect as it would be in real life.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Gordon Ferguson

Anders, just about perfect ............... I will find something wrong I just need to keep looking ;)

Picture 2 is still my favourite , get that giant tree trunk out of the way and your "greens" just fade beautifully into the back ground
Gordon

Barney

Fantastic -realistic -suburb workmanship - I have to look twice to see if its the real thing - its not a model its a work of art.
Barney

chester

OK Anders, you want subjective? Some of the wrinkles on your tarp don't match the prototype. Other than that everything's wonderful.