• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Another fine diorama.  Your work is just wonderful.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Junior

Thanks very much guys.......much appreciated  ;D! Great to see some new guys here as well.

Chuck. The diorama is not very heavy (9 kilos). Did everything to keep it as light as possible but it´s kind of awkward to handle because of the length (110 cm).

By the way Mario has been kind enough to post many large format pictures of the build at his Modvid site if anyone is interested.
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_anders_bike_shop.html

Thanks again everybody,

Anders

Frederic Testard

The realism of this scene is amazing, Anders. The characters in particular. Fantastic.
Frederic Testard

Marc988

This has been an amazing build, one that I have been and will re-visit again and again.

My compliments !

Looking forward to your next project.

PS Despite the awkward handling, I truly hope you will find a way to take it to Veldhoven.

Junior

Thanks very much Fredéric and Marc! Veldhoven.......I will most likely be there with or without the Bike Shop.

Anders

Marc988

Quote from: Junior on August 27, 2012, 05:10:54 AM
Thanks very much Fredéric and Marc! Veldhoven.......I will most likely be there with or without the Bike Shop.

Anders

I'd prefer "with"  ;)  ;D

Junior

Hi guys,

MAYBE a final little project for the Bike Shop ????

Still have one of these Tamiya kits. The first one was cannibalized for parts and many can be seen in the scrap yard. Up front are the fenders, hood, doors, bumpers etc. The engine, wheels and much more are scattered about.

Now...I´m thinking of turning this into a nice little car for the shop. Have a nice upgrade PE set from Hauler as well. I would build it with an open bed (no canvas) and have a nice selection of parts on the bed. The J.O. Ekdahl signs coold be printed on decal paper and placed on the doors.
Any of the two attached paint combinations are kind of nice in my opinion. This little car could appear in various pictures either in the front yard or the scrap yard.

As it´s quite a lot of work I´m wondering if it´s just OVERKILL and not worth it. Would appreciate a couple of opinions.

Anders

Pic.1 ][/img]

Junior

Pic.2 ][/img]

Junior

Marc988

I kinda like the diorama as it is, nice and balanced.

However the little car could be a nice project on itself and I would love to see your version of it.
As for the color of the car, I would choose a civilian color e.g. the white with black fenders.

Looking at the pic below, one spot you maybe could place the car without a big impact on the diorama, is next the "white" building in front of the military Harley.

Quote from: Junior on August 22, 2012, 03:20:53 AM
THE END

Pic.24[img][/img]

Just my 2 cents
;D

Marc988

Quote from: Junior on May 29, 2012, 02:33:35 AM
The complete collection of bikes. Two of them can be seen in the shop. We´ll see if I use all of them.

Pic.20 [img][/img]

Hi Anders,

just a short question. Could you tell me which kits you used as a basis for the different bikes above ?

Thanks,
Marc

Junior

Hi Marc and thanks very much for your opinion..... :)!

These are the bikes.

3 Bronco 3HW Military Triumph´s. (up front and colors: burgundy, violet and dark blue).
3 Miniart WWII Harley Davidson´s (at the back and colors: yellow, black and black).
1 Miniart WWII Harley Davidson    (to the right and built as the military version).
1 LionRoar BMW R75 built as the military version with an upgrade kit from Sovereign (in the middle to the right).

Many extra kits were scrapped for parts and were also useful for modifying handle bars etc. etc.

Anders

Malachi Constant

Anders --

I like the idea of the truck ... like the figures, which can be moved about (if they aren't glued in place!) ... the truck adds a "dynamic" aspect to the diorama ... you can put it in different places at different times to suggest activity:  loading or unloading some things in the yard ... stopping in at the office ... heading out .. and, of course, you can remove it at any time, so it wouldn't "change" the dio itself.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

I agree with Marc and Dallas, not because the diorama needs a truck but because you probably will build a superb model and I'd like to see it. You could place it on the diorama sometimes and display it separately at others. Basically it's just inspirational to watch your models come together. -- Russ

billmart

I say go for the truck!  I think it will look great on this diorama, and could be useful on others as well.  Besides that, I just like to watch you build things.

Bill Martinsen