• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Workshop and the inside out pump

Started by Barney, May 20, 2011, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Decided to go for 120. scale for the the new project a small workshop and engine shed with the petrol pump outside. enclosed a few shots of the work shop machines in the early stages which the basic construction is all based on suitable sized Lego Blocks and skinned with plastic card - acrylic rod was used for the Lathe pulleys and chuck. Next step is to start detailing the Lathe - some detailing has been started on the compressor but waiting for Pipe fittings and taps to complete.

Barney

Barney

finescalerr

Everything looks quite good. But the Lego block is out of scale. -- ssuR

JESTER

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

Neato!
Thats a great idea using the legos for the sub assemblies.

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on May 21, 2011, 07:15:53 AM
Neato!
Thats a great idea using the legos for the sub assemblies.

Marty ,

I'll let you into a secret , if you promise not to repeat it . The foundations of all " Barney's" models are built of lego .
   Some kids just never grow up , eh , Barney !

Nick

Barney

Nick
That's it now the whole world knows -the secrets of an undercover Artistic Licence modeller - Mr Verlinden put me up to it honest governor -done a deal for the last lot of blocks from me Grandson (bribed him with a bag of E numbers )

granitechops

Prototype for everything    ;D
I actually have seen lego bricks that scale  
used to be in toy retailing & at the annual trade toy show at Earles Court in London an entire show stand was built out of big bricks   8)

PS nice clean modelling there Barney, I can never keep my styrene that clean when building
Don in sunny Devon, England

pwranta193

Nice... been away from the PC for a couple of weeks (well, at least the not work version), and playing catch up on the latest projects.  These are great - what is the scale again?  I saw "120"... which isn't computing?

Looking at the compressor, I'm looking forward to seeing how you detail these out - they look super clean so far (must be the benefit of starting with the square Lego corners  ;D )

Show us more!

Paul
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

Barney

Workshop machines nearly completed with detail bits - getting closer to the paint shop .For the Eagle eye people you will notice some of the parts are not aligned up these bits are to be painted separate and are only placed on the models (well that's my excuse) enclosed photos of workshop machines under construction.

Paul - I think it should be 120:3 scale -  15mm to the foot (making 45mm track gauge 3 foot -but just to confuse all my track gauge will be 18 inch gauge)

Barney

Barney

Barney