• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Workshop and the inside out pump

Started by Barney, May 20, 2011, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Gordon Ferguson

Great work Barney, very clean and realistic build ........... must try some lego bricks :D

What are you using for you reference material , is it photos and some key measurements or do you have detailed drawings of all this equipment.
Gordon

james_coldicott

Lovely work as usual!

Just to clarify the scale it is 1:20.3 also known as F scale 15mm to 1 foot.

Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing your progress.

James

Barney

Gordon
Most of my information is from a set of 5 volumes of THE MODERN MOTOR ENGINEER first published in 1927 (I bought them from a car boot sale for £1:00)these books contain a wealth of information on the setting up of a garage workshop and sections on engine rebuilding (diesel and petrol ) transmissions and general repairs - other information is from machine tool suppliers catalogues which contain drawings and sizes of equipment if its a new type of machine I back date it using info' from the older books and of course a little bit of "Artistic Licence" is also part of the ingredients- the principle of most workshop machines being the same a driller drills holes - a miller mills same goes for the size you get big ones and small ones.
To all I thank you for your comments
Barney

Philip Smith

Chris

ohhhh that's great fantastic job
congretulations
can not wait when you'll paint it and weathered it :D
keep going
Welcome to Wherever You Are!

finescalerr

Satisfactory. The Lego block looks rather uncomfortable. Perhaps it would be courteous to add a cushion for the poor figure .... -- Russ

PuckHog

That is excellent scratch building!!!  Look forward to more.

Randy

Ray Dunakin

Brilliant! And no one would have guessed it was built over lego blocks.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Russ
Is that better
Barney

Barney

Happy Man

Frederic Testard

I love your work, Barney, it is remarkably neat. Can't wait to see more of it.
Frederic Testard

fspg2

Hi Barney,

Great! When I've built with Lego bricks (long ago), my machines looked somehow different! I did not know that you can build such cool things from it!
Frithjof

Design-HSB

I fear if the machines are still treated in color, you'd think they really work.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Barney, the workman figure told me he is much, much more comfortable now. He finally can appreciate the excellent quality of your work. But he thinks you are strange for using Legos. -- ssuR