• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Workshop and the inside out pump

Started by Barney, May 20, 2011, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchman

Gordon Ferguson

Neat, very neat Barney.

While I admire the compressor and the pump I especially like the "water/fuel" tank for it lightness of construction and the effective rusted panels.

Impressive !!
Gordon

finescalerr

Satisfactory indeed. Now paint them. -- Russ

Gus

I don't post much at all - not my kind of modeling...but every once in a while the 'WOW' factor just demands a comment.  Here it is.......'WOW'.

Cheers - Gus

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gus on November 16, 2011, 07:35:16 AM
I don't post much at all - not my kind of modeling...but every once in a while the 'WOW' factor just demands a comment.  Here it is.......'WOW'.

Cheers - Gus

So what is your kind of modelling , Gus ? Show us what you do ,

Nick

michael mott

Barney, very clean work, great work modifying and adding to existing parts. I also like the rusting of the vertical tank.

Michael

Gus

Quote from: shropshire lad on November 16, 2011, 10:34:49 AM
Quote from: Gus on November 16, 2011, 07:35:16 AM

Cheers - Gus

So what is your kind of modelling , Gus ? Show us what you do ,

Nick

Nick - there's a couple in  'Cars, trucks and other' topic..under 'Old Wagons' ;D

Cheers  -Gus

Barney

After a quick rebuild of the water cooling tank I have now started on the workshop building decided on a small wood construction with a weather worn creosote finish no decision made yet for the frontage few more trials on the paint flaking techniques thanks again to Chuck for some guidance on these techniques - A few thoughts on nails and the thought of fiddling around with drilling holes and fine wire give me a headache so I came up with the idea of using pins no drilling required just a good pair of pliers push the pin in - cut to length - touch of paint - and push in with a piece of plastic or hard wood its probably been done before but that's life -the pins I found will even go into the wood by using the blunt end and are available from Watkins & Doncaster- www.watdon.co.uk they offer an excellent mail order service -photo enclosed of pins and sizes but these are only part of there extensive range
Barney

Some thought of wood weathering

Gordon Ferguson

You always have to get Lego blocks in somewhere don't you!!

Like the new tank, although I thought the last one was pretty good anyway. The stain on your wood is that the stuff available in the UK.

The pins look pretty good, might use those for some gear sticks ;D

Gordon