• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Odd Bods

Started by Barney, July 08, 2011, 04:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Having a tidy up at home (by order of the management)enclosed a few pics of some odd bods in 1/35th
Barney

Barney

Odd bod 2

Barney

odd bods 4

Barney

photo 5

Barney

photo 6

Barney

photo odd ball

Krusty

Those aren't odd; they're beautiful.

I've always admired the photos of your stuff in the MM Euromilitaire specials and it's great to see more here.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Chuck Doan

These are beautiful Barney! Very interesting subjects and crisp and clean construction. Is there someplace where you have done any construction articles?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

chester

Bravo, gorgeous modeling. The subject vehicles are truly interesting also.

Barney

Thanks to you all for your comments
Chuck : There are some articles in the Italian  magazine MODELLISMO STEEL ART with construction details and close up photos its OK if you can speak Italian. I no longer have the original script but in the big clear out I have found some construction photos and details hope to create a complete folder of all the models. Ref ' for details in Magazine Steel Art: No'6-2003 / No'14- 2005 /No'36-2006/No'24-2005/No'52-2008
Barney

finescalerr

Satisfactory. Maybe I could help more people become aware of the models by publishing photos and a description in a future Modelers' Annual. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 08, 2011, 12:41:25 PM
Satisfactory. Maybe I could help more people become aware of the models by publishing photos and a description in a future Modelers' Annual. -- Russ

Good idea . And such a simple one as well .

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful models, of very interesting prototypes! Thanks for posting the pics.

The steam powered crawler in the first few photos has such a small boiler, I wonder if the prototype had trouble providing enough steam for sustained work?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Ray
Thanks for your comments - I thought the same about the boiler size until I was informed the boiler extends 2 foot below the floor and the coal "hole shoot" is a sizable bit of gear on the front . The Alley & Mclellan (Sentinel) Sales/advertising bits State "due to its simplicity of its design and the excellent Abbott boiler which provided ample supplies of hot -dry steam" But the War Department records show it was a total waste of space being under-powered -too heavy-and consumed massive amounts of fuel and the Holt track conversion was a constant source of problems and failures -The track system was replaced by a redesigned unit but still had its problems - ended its life as a Stationary Winch.
Barney