• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Odd Bods

Started by Barney, July 08, 2011, 04:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Thanks for the info! I am looking at a large (for me) styrene project and I am getting up courage to start it.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 25, 2011, 01:31:26 AM
The answer to that is easy: I pick on you because you have a good sense of humor! -- Russ

You've got to have a good sense of humour ( note proper spelling ! ) if you want to hang around here .

The view from the corner is great . If I stand on tippy-toes I can just see into the girls changing room . So thanks for sending me here , Russ .

Nick

finescalerr

You must realize, Nick, that in the dark and sordid past of your island nation, nefarious individuals used to charge by the letter to paint signs, write letters, whatever. Hence the injection of superfluous letters in words such as "humour". Unbiased and learned American etymologists corrected the misspelling to "humor" to protect your countrymen from financial exploitation.

What corner are you in? I'll be over in a minute j... with a ladder!

ssuR

W.P. Rayner

Hah... very amusing Russ or should I say humourous. Many of these errant sign painters emigrated to Canada where the colourful practice of fleecing sign customers continues to this day... At least there are two countries in the world where correct English spelling and usage are still valued...  ;)

Paul -->now get out of my comfy chair in the corner-->

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 25, 2011, 12:56:41 PM
You must realize, Nick, that in the dark and sordid past of your island nation, nefarious individuals used to charge by the letter to paint signs, write letters, whatever. Hence the injection of superfluous letters in words such as "humour". Unbiased and learned American etymologists corrected the misspelling to "humor" to protect your countrymen from financial exploitation.

What corner are you in? I'll be over in a minute j... with a ladder!

ssuR

Never let it be said that you ever LABOUR the point you are trying to make .  Now there's a song you can either hum or sing !

TRAINS1941

Simply beautiful!!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Jerry Thanks
The others stop arguing and get of me patch !! or is it out of me box !! at this rate I shall have pages for odd bods -than Gordons Creepy crawler
Barney

Barney

Shold be MORE PAGES

shropshire lad

That's not very nice , calling Gordon a creepy-crawly.

Barney

Still dusting them down

Barney

pic3 &4

Barney

pics

Gordon Ferguson

Hi Barney,

these certainly have character, can you fill in some details on the tracks, chains, wheels and handles ....... scratch-built or sources?

Thanks
Gordon

Ray Dunakin

They're all great, but I really like that trencher.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Me, too. Might make a cool article for the Modelers' Annual. -- Russ