• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Odd Bods

Started by Barney, July 08, 2011, 04:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Ref ' to the Trench Digger -the tracks used were modified white metal separate links from "Friulmodelli" still waiting for them to produce some Caterpillar types to save us artistic licence people some headaches. The brake wheels and hand wheels / control levers are from "Grandt Line" and the Junk box the rest of it is mainly Evergreen strips/ styrene sheet / brass wire and "LEGO BLOCKS" unfortunately no construction photos were only published only a few photos of the completed model - but on future models I hope to do step by step photos with a write up on construction ( watch this space for a " Tracked Fordson in 1/35th ) enclosed "quickey" photo of my latest project a Nash Quad with a Holt Half track conversion artillery supply and repair wagon.
(working on the photo problem with help from the Forum - much appreciated thanks)
Thanks for all your comments
Barney

Chuck Doan

Your upcoming project sounds intriguing!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Barney

Some build shots of my latest Projects - A Jeffery Quad with Holt 1/2 track conversion artillery supply and repair truck towing an AA gun.

Barney

System so slow will try later
Barney

marc_reusser

Outstanding! Love seeing it in styrene. I like your use of the Panther or 38t wheels as well :D.

A question on the fabrication: On the side storage bin doors on the tractor, how thick is the styrene you used for the door panels, ad hoe did you achieve the nice even/consitant edge radius (front to back)? Was this done by hand, or do you use a shaped router or mill?

Thx.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Really nice! Is this 1/35th scale?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Marc - storage doors made of 15thou styrene -cut to size and the corners rounded using 400 grit paper - wheels out of the scrap box worked out to size required just wrapped them with 10thou styrene strip. Scale 1/35th.

Barney

some more shots of the tractor on tracks in 1/35th

Ray Dunakin

Sweet! That little Fordson really turned out nice!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Aside from my admiration of your fabrication skills (exceptionally clean work), I am amazed that you can paint and weather the models, cement them to a diorama base, but then remove them along with any trace of paint to go back and highlight construction details! What a great trick! -- ssuR