• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

San Francisco on film: Days before the 1906 Quake

Started by eTraxx, July 11, 2011, 05:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

This has been posted before but found this 60min version. The video has been digitally enhanced and all that and is a great film to sit through with a cup of coffee ..

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-20075062-10391709.html?tag=re1.channel
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

mabloodhound

Thanks Ed.   As I said somewhere else, the film maker hired cars and drivers to continuously pull in front of the trolley to make it appear as if there were more cars in SF.   One vehicle with the flopping license plate I can see pull in front at least 4 times and then do a U turn.   And many others were doing U turns also.
That Enhanced version makes things much clearer.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Philip Smith

kinda like the VW bug in "Bullet"  8)

was wondeing about that link. The wifey wants to see this after the 60 min teaser.

tanks Ed!