• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Indian Chief 1952 2 cyl 1200 cc sv

Started by DarBeck, July 16, 2011, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

That looks like it was hard to do. -- Russ

DarBeck

This part of the picture shows the ready, glued and painted elements. The model I made based on photographs of the original Indiana, the colors were so original. Indian head on front fender, done with modeling clay.

Dariusz Beck

DarBeck

At this stage the model was beginning to look like real. Lacquer for cars highlighted color.

The modeling greetings

Darius Beck

Ray Dunakin

Very interesting stuff, thanks for posting it!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

DarBeck

Hi all! Thank you for your appreciation. Very pleased to read such positive feedback about my modeling. I want to show pictures of the construction of the engine. This is the hardest and most labor-intensive construction phase. Work on the engine lasted about 2 months. Everything had to fit together in the final stage of the engine had to fit perfectly in the frame of the motorcycle. The hard work paid off and thanks to my model engine looks almost like the original.

Regards

Dariusz Beck

DarBeck

JohnP

Very beautiful. You make the curving parts like art. You also make the mechanical parts out of different materials- plastic, metal, lathe turnings, putty. Wonderful to see. 

Thanks, John
John Palecki

finescalerr

chester

Thanks for these photos dariusz. I'm curious about the way you did the painting, particularly on the fuel tank. Stencils, hand painted?

DarBeck

Thanks for these photos dariusz. I'm curious about the way you did the painting, particularly on the fuel tank. Stencils, hand painted?

Hi Chester, airbrush painting a whole, and when it comes to inscriptions on the fuel tank that I cut them on the plotter with adhesive aluminum foil. In the original the word "Indian" was in three dimensions, rather than painted.

Yours Darius Beck

DarBeck

Hi friends, when I started building the engine I was wondering how do cylinders. The easiest and fastest way to their execution, was to cut out segments of aluminum. That's how the whole aluminum cylinders. Not polished them to look like the original. Some cylinders later painted in black gloss.

Dariusz Beck

DarBeck

Hello. Have a look at the finished engine.

Have a nice weekend

Dariusz Beck

Malachi Constant

WOW!  Thank you for taking the time to post the construction photos and notes -- truly inspiring (and informative)!  Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

Gentlemen, it would appear Dariusz has proven himself worthy of this forum, n'est-ce pas? -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Truly awesome!

Just curious, why aluminum instead of styrene? I would have thought that plastic would be easier to cut and shape. Also, did you glue the aluminum fins onto the cylinder, or solder them?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World