• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Indian Chief 1952 2 cyl 1200 cc sv

Started by DarBeck, July 16, 2011, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarBeck

Hi everyone! I am a newly registered user of your forum. I come from Polish and I would like to present you my new and slightly older works. For over 30 years dealing with modeling, and more than 5 years I build models from scratch, antique motorcycles. I want to present you my newest model. It is built from the ground INDIAN CHIEF model of 1952.

Kind regards

Dariusz Beck

Malachi Constant

Hi Darius --

Welcome .... and wow!  Beautiful model.  What is the scale?  What materials did you use?  Did you shoot any photos during construction!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

mabloodhound

My first motorcycle was a 1946 Indian Chief, a former Springfield, Mass. police bike.   My buddy had a 1951, but they were all pretty much the same.
That model sure brings back some memories.   The only difference was that mine had a windshield and saddlebags and a growler siren.   
Also, there were not two cables from the handlebar levers; only one for the front brake.    The clutch was the rocker foot pedal on the left.   Handshift was on the right.
And if I had kept the bike I could be a rich man today.
Sure would like to see more of your work. 8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

DarBeck

Hi! I'm new to this forum, so I do not really know if I can in this thread show pictures of the construction. Please hint. But to answer your questions. Indians in the scale 1 / 9. I built it from aluminum, plastic, bronze. The saddle is covered in genuine leather. The frame I made from old plastic molded parts, tank and fenders are made of resin. It's a bit of steel, for example the spokes. I built it for 6 months. In Poland, Indiana were used after World War I in the police. Few survived to them today, but how to meet them are very expensive, I think with you in the U.S. are also included.  ;D
Yours

Darius Beck

finescalerr

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0

Dariusz, click on the link above. It explains exactly how to post photos of your model(s).

Guys, you definitely must see Dariusz' modeling. It will blow you away.

Russ

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard, Darius! That is a stunning model! If you had not said it was a model, I'd have thought it was real.

Photos of construction are always welcome here.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W.P. Rayner

Welcome to the forum Dariusz. That's a gorgeous bike and superb work... looking forward to seeing more.

Paul

chester

Welcome and thank you very much for showing this stunning model. Beautiful work.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

DarBeck

Hello! I decided to show a series of pictures from the construction of my Indiana. I had a lot of work with this model, many problems and difficulties to overcome. See for yourself how it all looked.

Dariusz Beck

finescalerr

Yes, that is what we want to see! Show more. -- Russ

Junior

Welcome Darius! Even during construction it looks real :o! Fantastic work indeed!

Anders  ;D

marc_reusser

Welcome Darius.  Truely a beautiful model, and great photos of the process. Thanks for sharing.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Quote from: DarBeck on July 19, 2011, 11:36:38 AM
Hello! I decided to show a series of pictures from the construction of my Indiana. I had a lot of work with this model, many problems and difficulties to overcome. See for yourself how it all looked.
Dariusz Beck

YES!  Thank you for these photos ... we can all appreciate the beauty of the finished model ... but we also like to see how it was built.  Very nice work.  More photos please!  ;)

Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

DarBeck

Hello everyone. The hardest to perform was the fuel tank and fenders. First I made of foam plastic fenders and tank two, which later I made the mold. The resin forms with elements ready done. Only the engine gave me so much work, but the engine will tell later.

Kind regards