• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Indian Chief 1952 2 cyl 1200 cc sv

Started by DarBeck, July 16, 2011, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarBeck

Hello all! At the end of my photographic reportage from the construction of my "Indian", I wanted to show you of what really had the most work - it was the wheel. And here on the occasion to answer the question Dunakin colleague Ray, why do some things I made from aluminum instead of plastic. I like my work to combine different materials, aluminum is a wonderful material. For many years I dealt with jewelery, hence my tendency to metalworking. Fantastically polished aluminum, for example, mimics the chrome or nickel. That's why I made of aluminum alloy.
Thank you all for your words of recognition to me. I am therefore pleasantly and I feel proud that I wished to take his hobby to the group, and you are all wonderful modeling enthusiasts. I hope that the next presentation of my work also you enjoy it.

Regards

Dariusz Beck

chester

Wow, it's spoked up just like the real thing. Bravo!

mabloodhound

That is a perfect job of lacing the spokes.   
It's a difficult task on the full size rims and even harder here.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

finescalerr

Outstanding wheel construction! You have won this month's "Modelers' Forum Prize for Most Creative Use of Insanity"!!! -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hello Dariusz,
quite apart from that I can only congratulate to this magnificent model, but I would have one more question.

How did you get done with the holes for the spokes in the wheels?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

PuckHog

Hello Dariusz, 

This build is beautiful!!!!   The best part are the rims :) :) :)

Randy

DarBeck

Quote from: Design-HSB on July 29, 2011, 02:14:30 AM
Hello Dariusz,
quite apart from that I can only congratulate to this magnificent model, but I would have one more question.

How did you get done with the holes for the spokes in the wheels?

Holes drilled in the rim. As a rule, we choose the diameter of the drill diameter spokes in the wheels. You have to rozmierzyć distance between spokes. In total, this model is the 36 pieces in one circle.

Yours Darius Beck

artizen

Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

DarBeck

Quote from: artizen on January 07, 2012, 01:23:54 AM
Dariusz - lovely work.

Have you seen this work?

http://www.motoscalatarrago.com/BENELLI_250a.htm

Yes, I know the work of Mr.. Tarrago. He makes models of which I can only dream of. His models are in 1/6, and my 1/9 scale.