• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Crawler 1/35 scale freelance design with a touch of the Holt about it!

Started by Gordon Ferguson, July 24, 2011, 01:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Potato Head

Yes much better, I should have waited until you were done, sorry

Marc: ? can you stay on the bike? Maybe we need to find you a different sport?
That just hurts to look at, ,.....................
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Gordon Ferguson

Gil, no apologies required ... dialogue/critique is what I am looking for

Marc, ouch ! glad you were wearing a helmet

"honest officer, this horrible great big glossy blue/grey thing appeared from nowhere!" 
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

Well it is finished ............ well almost, probably need to do some more weathering once I have sorted out a base for it. Still lots to learn with this painting lark but its better than the last thing I painted in this scale, the crane, (well it was nearly this scale and it will be used as a 1/35 background piece)

I am waiting for some oil & grease wash but as a good friend has just pointed out I could just make my own mixture  .... he's right it is really easy these days to get lazy because there are so many products now available.

Found some old plastic kits, so will probably knock them together quickly and use them to practice with the old air brush and "thin" paint. :)

Gordon

Andi Little

Fantastic job Gordon ....... you can see your thinking and it works to your advantage. Loving the paint chips and dead paint effect.
And in the spirit of the board............ I might like to see a bit more wear in the footwells, especially below the peddles and in front of them against the bulkhead ......... can't you just see those thumping big "steelies" being stomped onto the peddle and scraping down that paintwork??

Never the less - a great job start to finish. This bodes so well for any future project you might have in mind.
KBO..................... Andi.

Malachi Constant

Well done, Gordon!  Really like the subtle weathering, variations in coloring (and discoloration) on the panels, etc.  Nice work too in bringing out the highlights in a subtle way.  In that regard, I'd also like to see a bit more of the opposite ... some more shadowing/shading in the creases, underside of raised details, etc ...

Consider that a minor nitpick or suggestion for future improvement ... I'd be damned pleased if I'd turned out a model that looks as good as this!  (Both in construction and finish)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Dallas, thanks may go back and try and emphasis a few places as you suggest.

Andi, thats your artist eye for the detail again ........ your right and it would help resolve why I did not think the back of the fuel tank/floor looked right ....... off to fetch my big tin of Humbrol silver paint, feel an urge to dry brush  ;) 
Gordon

Ken Hamilton

I guess there's always room on any model for some additional tweaking (like Andi's excellent
suggestion regarding foot pedal wear, etc.) but overall this is one hum-dinger of a model!
The "feel" of this little critter is wonderful. I love the strap holding up the crank-starter.
Beautiful job, Gordon.  You did it again..!!!
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Junior

Although I had previews of this little beauty I´ll say it again - excellent work Gordon! Looking forward to a base of the same high standard.

Anders  ;D

Barney

Gordon - I agree with everyone - its excellent its got style and I can smell the petrol and oil fumes and its "finished" great stuff O Gordon of the North -whats next ?
Barney