• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Small Baldwin 0-4-0 tank loco in 1:16 scale

Started by Scratchman, July 24, 2011, 10:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thwheel

Quote from: Scratchman on September 26, 2012, 09:14:07 PM

Barney...  I use a thin CA on wood parts that need the wood grain hidden. Also helps to do two or three good coats of paint.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Gordon,  Do you know about using CA with baking soda as a filler? You can fill it up using several coatings sprinkled with soda.  Sand it down flush.  Works great for fill ing dings that just happen about the time you are almost done and ready for paint.  I find it works well on wood, plastic and even metal.  I have had metal figures with part of the face missing from a bubble.  Fill it up and build it up and when dry and hard it can be carved.

And a great job on the truck and engine.  What did you use for the valve knobs?

Bill Hudson
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Lawton Maner

Somewhere buried in this discussion is a complaint about Grandt Lines not saying what their parts are made from.  Unless otherwise stated, their parts are a grey plastic.  Except for a very few nuts and bolts, all of the brass parts have been discontinued for a year or more.

michael mott

Gordon, very inspirational, I really like the last pic with the loco on the truck.

Michael

Scratchman

Thanks guys for your comments. here's two more photos of the loco and truck. The one photo in black and white is not quite what I was looking for. I was trying to get the look of the original photo. I will try again tomorrow. This photo might be as close as I can get.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

finescalerr

The combination of truck and steam loco is extremely effective. The modeling is outstanding. Overall, a satisfactory accomplishment. -- Russ

1-32

k27rgs

Master Modeler. Thanks for yet another piece of artistry.

regards   Mario ( Australia )

fspg2

Hi Gordon,
Just great and fantastic. I can not get enough of your art!
Frithjof