• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Weathered K-27

Started by finescalerr, January 23, 2008, 06:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Here are a couple of photos of a 1:20.3 scale Bachmann K-27 my friend Mac McCalla weathered. He just joined the forum and asked me to post them.

Russ

John McGuyer

This is great news as I've been bugging the hell out of Mac to join in with us. He is an amazing talent and among the world's nicest guys. He will be a tremendous asset.

John

macsair

Quote from: John McGuyer on January 23, 2008, 07:36:50 PM
This is great news as I've been bugging the hell out of Mac to join in with us. He is an amazing talent and among the world's nicest guys. He will be a tremendous asset.

John
Geeeees John, you make it sound like I'm paying you.........!!  (Grin)

macsair

Quote from: Rich R on January 24, 2008, 06:38:24 AM
Quote from: John McGuyer on January 23, 2008, 07:36:50 PM

John

John,

Quite agree with you and welcome aboard to Mac. I've been a fan of his work now for several years.  :) :)

I understand however that he has severed his pony tail.......... this doth not bode well for some of us methinks.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
If we keep this up we're going to have a rather large assemblage of talent on this little forum. Does Mac still have his web pages? Well worth the time to have a look trust me.

On another note John, why do you think there is such a large swing towards RTR in the hobby? Seems pointless really to NOT build something but pay top dollar for not being entertained. (You did mention that in another post I think?) But the more I see the more I wonder why anyone would even consider getting into a hobby
where they didn't really have to do anything.
I have a quote for damn near every occasion so 
"Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software."   
? Arthur C. Clarke.

Same to be said about RTR?

Nevetheless, Welcome Mac!

Cheers,
Rich.

Well Rich, the Pony tail has been gone for about 4 years now since my stint in the hospital with Pneumonia so I'm back among the usual's.  Thank's for the kind words and it's nice to be here......and yes, I still have a webb page :  www.4LargeScale.com    also our club : Del Oro Pacific  has a webb page if interested:  www.DelOroPacific.com.........Mac

macsair

Quote from: finescalerr on January 23, 2008, 06:41:28 PM
Here are a couple of photos of a 1:20.3 scale Bachmann K-27 my friend Mac McCalla weathered. He just joined the forum and asked me to post them.

Russ
  Nice to aboard Russ, thank's.............

Chuck Doan

Welcome, Mac! I was wondering what you had been up to lately. Hope to see more stuff posted here!

CHuck
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

John McGuyer

Mac wants everyone to know that the forum took a dump while he was looking about and will no longer let him on. He contacted Russ and they have no idea what is going on. He'll be back as soon as they solve the problem.

John

John McGuyer

Heather Locklear, be still my heart. Now what was it I was going to say? Oh yes, more good news. I talked to Bob Uniack this afternoon and he now has a computer hooked to the web. As soon as he learns to use it, he will join us. For those who don't remember, Bob is the one who did the beautiful resin models in the old Finescale Railroader. I think it was Outdoor Railroader then.

John

finescalerr

I think I published some of Bob's stuff in the FR days, too. He is truly an artist.

Russ

macsair

Quote from: John McGuyer on January 24, 2008, 10:38:02 PM
Heather Locklear, be still my heart. Now what was it I was going to say? Oh yes, more good news. I talked to Bob Uniack this afternoon and he now has a computer hooked to the web. As soon as he learns to use it, he will join us. For those who don't remember, Bob is the one who did the beautiful resin models in the old Finescale Railroader. I think it was Outdoor Railroader then.

John
Well, I think I'm back, at least I got this far this afternoon without a problem, guess we'll just have to see if the computer realizes who's here again and if itwill accept me as it should be.  Thank's to all concerned and now we must push on...............Mac

macsair

Quote from: Rich R on January 25, 2008, 04:39:38 PM

Well, I think I'm back, at least I got this far this afternoon without a problem, guess we'll just have to see if the computer realizes who's here again and if itwill accept me as it should be.  Thank's to all concerned and now we must push on...............Mac
[/quote]

Hi Mac,

Glad to see you've overcome the gremlins! Any idea what caused the problem? Might help some other poor soul down the line. We all have so many different configurations of anti this and thatware on these things. Sad that it's come to that but it is sadly, needed.

Welcome back nevertheless,
Rich
[/quote]  I have no idea what was wrong, and neither did Russ or his computer guru so I asked them to completely remove me from the system and I would start all over again, they did and here I am so it  must have worked.  Thank's for asking.  Mac

John McGuyer

Mac is back off again this morning. If any of you computer whizzes have any ideas, his e-mail is <Macsair69@cs.com>

John

RoughboyModelworks

I had a similar problem that plagued my connection for about a month. Some days it would work fine, other days I couldn't get to the Forum at all, always redirected to "404 URL not found" message pages. Talked with Russ about it and we pretty much determined it had to to with my ISP (Comcast cable) and their communication lines, especially since it would happen with both the MAC and the PC. Had nothing to do with either the Forum or my computers. Since last weekend, I've had no problems connecting at all, so presumably Comcast made some change that eliminated this particular problem.

Rich has the best advice. Don't save your name & pword for auto-signin, reboot and retry. Also, dump your browser cache. If you're connecting via a router and modem, it may help to reboot both those as well. Turn power off to everything, restart your modem. When its indicator lights show that it is fully connected, then turn on your router. When it's indicator lights show full connection, then turn on your computer & try to reconnect. This procedure can often help in resolving internet connection issues. If none of that makes a difference, it is most likely a problem with your ISP.

Hope this helps...

Bill