• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Frituur Zorro

Started by shropshire lad, August 08, 2011, 03:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

http://www.frituurzorro.nl/html/eng/frame.html

Came across a review of this book in latest edition of Military Modeller and have just ordered one from www.panzerwrecks.com .

This is just the sort of book I have been after since getting into 1/35th scale .

Volume 1 covers British , Canadian and American vehicles . Volume 2 will cover German , Italian and Russian vehicles .

Here is a sample page . I just love what they've done with the Dodge.

Looking forward to getting my copy ,

Nick

Chuck Doan

Looks like a good way for civilians to use up those military kits.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Thanks Nick!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

shropshire lad

Well ,I've had my copy for two or three weeks now and bloody good it is to . I have started to have a go at modelling a vague representation of one of the vehicles in the book , namely the cut down Dodge ambulance . Picked up an Italeri ambulance kit on Ebay , cut the back down ,slung a gib on the front and , voila,one halfarsed attempted at building a model from a couple of photos . The gib is a bit short but it'll do for the time being . I hope to finish it soon!

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

I like that Nick, something a bit different.

I notice no easy route for you, round rod /tubing for the jib none of this easy square/flat girders for you  ............. I presume that you will be applying all the individual weld lines as though military types do .

Look forward to further updates
Gordon

lab-dad

WOW!
Nice to see you modeling again (or at least showing us)
I hope my honest critique wont quell your enthusiasm..........
But the tubing looks too large, my thoughts it would be too heavy for even the vehicle to counterbalance.
What does the o.d. scale out to?
But what the hell do I know.
-Marty

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on August 31, 2011, 05:06:02 AM
WOW!
Nice to see you modeling again (or at least showing us)
I hope my honest critique wont quell your enthusiasm..........
But the tubing looks too large, my thoughts it would be too heavy for even the vehicle to counterbalance.
What does the o.d. scale out to?
But what the hell do I know.
-Marty

You are right , the tubing is too large , as has already been pointed out to me by Bernard . I was being an impatient cheap-skate and using what I had and not waiting to buy some more suitable sized tubing . Hopefully , I'll rectify this tomorrow when I hit town . However, what I have made is not a waste as it was a useful exercise to see if I was able to make a jib at all .
  I am fairly confident that no-one else here has seen the other photo of the Dodge that is in the book (pipe up if you want to prove me wrong) but I can tell you that the jib is massive . I guess it is between 25 and 30 feet long , mine measures out at about 20 feet . It definitely needs every one of those rocks in the back for stability .

Nick

shropshire lad

Just to show you what I mean .

lab-dad

The tubing on that model looks much better  ;D
mj

LeOn3

Nick,
As I see in the last picture you send. The scrap-yard is in my hometown. Never saw it, will see if it is still there and then take some pictures. There are still a lott of old junk there so who might know. ;)

Leon

shropshire lad

Leon ,

If you do find anything worth photographing I would be interested to see . However, as most of the pictures in the book were taken in the 1960s and 1970s the chances of finding vehicles of this age are pretty slim . But there is no harm in looking .

Nick

jacq01

Leon,

you better hurry, you will be able to hand the details over to Nick in Frankfurt in 4 weeks.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.