• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Remora

Started by FichtenFoo, August 20, 2011, 07:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

... desperately lurking around for some progress/update ...  8)

Chuck Doan

Ahh, OK. Or I guess strings from the ceiling as was mentioned. That would bring back some memories.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on August 26, 2011, 10:39:46 AM
Ahh, OK. Or I guess strings from the ceiling as was mentioned. That would bring back some memories.

Strings ,or something stronger , from the ceiling is my prefered option . Mainly because all my shelves are full and there is lots of free space in all my rooms above the 6 foot level . Being a shortarse at 5'9" I am unlikely to bang my head on any . Anyone taller will be banned .

Anyway , they will look much better in their natural environment ...floating in the air .

Nick

Alan Rees

shropshire lad

Quote from: Alan Rees on August 27, 2011, 10:05:06 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on August 26, 2011, 01:08:00 PM
Anyone taller will be banned .

Thanks   :(

You're welcome .

Me'n'theMissus are Switzerland bound on the 7th . Just to give you fair warning to be out of the country then .

Nick

jacq01

Nick,

for the next exhibition I''l bring a stool with me for you.  You'll have than the same size as Alan and me  :D ;D

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Alan Rees

Quote from: shropshire lad on August 27, 2011, 11:11:46 AM

Me'n'theMissus are Switzerland bound on the 7th . Just to give you fair warning to be out of the country then .

Nick

It seems like I'll be looking for temporary accomodation anywhere outside Switzerland for a week or so. Can anyone offer anything ?

shropshire lad

Quote from: Alan Rees on September 06, 2011, 04:06:51 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on August 27, 2011, 11:11:46 AM

Nick

It seems like I'll be looking for temporary accomodation anywhere outside Switzerland for a week or so. Can anyone offer anything ?

Well , you know where the one place we won't be . My house . If you do go there can you do the animals for us ? The horses will be sorted and the dog's in kennels , so you only need to take the snakes for a walk once a day and feed the cats .

Nick

pwranta193

Pacing... waiting... checking again...
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

FichtenFoo

The Remora went with my caster last week. Woo! We're still looking at another month or two before the official release though. The casts will take a while, plus the figures are not yet sculpted. Watch the Industria Mechanika facebook page for up to date news.

http://www.facebook.com/IndustriaMechanika
Chicks dig giant robots.

pwranta193

Excellent!  This thing inspired me to dive back into the bench between real work recently.  I'm actually half way through a one off small craft (boat? ship?) to go with a Remora build... cobbled together out of old Sdkfz7 bits and hull made from the plastic case of a women's razor  ;D ;D ;D

I've been spending way to much time thinking about how to wire and illuminate a Light Ship, were one to ever hit the market :)

Great stuff!
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

FichtenFoo

If we were to do a lightship, and I REALLY want to do one too, I was contacted by Lightbenders who do aftermarket lighting kits for sci-fi subjects. They want to do sets for imech stuff. That'd make it way easier!
Chicks dig giant robots.

FichtenFoo

Preorder is happening now. We had a few hiccups when the server got hosed when everyone started hitting it at once, but all's well now. Get them while they last!

http://industriamechanika.com/blog/shop-industria-mechanika/ian-mcques-remora-preorder/
Chicks dig giant robots.

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works