• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My 1:1-scale GMC

Started by Ken Hamilton, September 03, 2011, 06:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

We bought this '48 GMC 1-ton in 1994 and it's been an on-again-off-again project ever since:

Modifications have included a Camaro front clip, rear, steering column & brakes;
Small Block Chevy motor;

Replacement of lots of sheet metal; sealing the cab & cowl vents, and a redone interior:

It's been road-worthy and in primer for several years...

...and now it's finally getting PAINTED...!!!!  (Chrysler "Wildberry Pearl Metallic").
As of today, the bed's back on and all that's left is to bolt everything back together.

It's not model-related, but finally finishing this project is making me very happy.
Thanks for looking..........

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Wrong. It is a model. Its scale is 1:1. Most satisfactory. -- Russ

jacq01

It nearly looks like a real one  ;D ;D
    qcaJ
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

lab-dad

KOOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Get it done and DRIVE it!
-Marty
BTW I have a '54 Chevy 5 window.

danpickard

Just needs a hula girl on the dash... ;D

Cool ride Ken.

Cheers,
Dan

Design-HSB

Hi Ken,
great, the GMC is as old as I look, and unlike me, now like new.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Malachi Constant

Why on earth would you spend all that time KITBASHING a truck, when you could do just as well scratchbuilding one?  ;D

Nevermind!  Looking great ... sure feels good to finish up old projects and see them come to life.  Show us more as it progresses ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Malachi Constant on September 04, 2011, 04:06:12 PM
Why on earth would you spend all that time KITBASHING a truck, when you could do just as well scratchbuilding one?  ;D

LOL!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

BKLN

W.P. Rayner

Very nicel looking ride Ken; clean, understated and true to the original... and not too much happy crap... ;)

Paul

mabloodhound

Excellent Choice of color and a fine restoration!  8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

nk

Nice looking truck Ken. It is so clean...soooo different from your dioramas. Hard to believe they are built by the same person!
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Ken Hamilton

Just about done, with the exception of more Baby Moons, some beauty rings and the front bumper....

It was quite nerve-wracking putting everything back on without scratching the paint.

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

finescalerr