• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Country strore redux

Started by Chuck Doan, September 06, 2011, 12:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Smokin!  Well, pretty simple little change actually ... but seems like it'll be a nice compositional element to help frame the whole thing.  Lookin' good.  --- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

BKLN

Chuck,
I am really surprised at your approach here! The outcome is excellent as usual, but I would have expected the bricks to be made from anything but 3D printing. Just thinking about how involved your process on the foundation of the garage diorama was. But I guess it comes down to efficiency after all. You choose your tools wisely!

Chuck Doan

Thanks Dallas, it does make a nice edge when things are cropped.

Thanks Christian, it was a sudden decision and I wanted to try some 3D printing again.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

That is pretty impressive, lovely touch with the tree shadow ....... Sure am glad I don't model buildings think I would just give up after seeing this.

Difficult to think of anything else to say when you are confronted by perfection.
Gordon

Ray Dunakin

Great shot, and the shadow is a brilliant touch. There's nothing in that image that gives it away as a model.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Scratchman

Scratchman

finescalerr

Chuck, I'm sorry to say that, after studying Gordon's reference photo, I'm afraid you may have omitted a nail hole. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 03, 2012, 12:31:59 AM
Chuck, I'm sorry to say that, after studying Gordon's reference photo, I'm afraid you may have omitted a nail hole. -- Russ

Clean your glasses , Grandad , the nail hole is there but it is just covered with paint !

Andi Little

Superlative! ... Other than that, I simply don't have the words.
KBO..................... Andi.

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! I should have taken a picture of the set-up; the tree is an old mangy Sweetwater sagebrush with crispy foam leaves. But it still throws a mean shadow.

Russ, I did remember the Pore Key hole in case I ever decide to re-paint (obscure "Green Acres" reference)

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

Hell I was going to ask you for the address of this place.  So the next time I was in Ca.  I could go take some pictures of it.

As usual you still are amazing.  Great model even a better picture.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Super stuff - can not stop dribbling
Barney

finescalerr

Well, when you do stop dribbling, please clean up the floor. -- ssuR

danpickard

I have no doubt that those who aren't familiar with this thread, would look at that last photo with the great tree shadow across, it and have no problems saying it was a real old structure...not a 1/48 capture of one.  Perfect result to my eye Chuck!

Cheers,
Dan