• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

EURO MILITAIRE 17th & 18th September

Started by Barney, September 15, 2011, 09:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Any body going to Euro Militaire this coming weekend if so see you there Class 14a.
Barney

pwranta193

Barney,

The economic picture doesn't include EM 11... sadly.  Have a great time - it will be a blast.  For you and those that can attend, it is my favorite hobby gig.  You can count on some of the best figure and AFV work you will ever see, and the social aspect is a little different than the Motel 6 lounge at the usual Topeka/Tacoma/Tampa/Tallahassee get together  ;D ;D ;D
I highly recommend staying local, for at least two nights, and pubbing at the main hotel - ask around at the show and everyone will guide you to the right venue for evening BS.  The Scandinavian (with the party with at your own risk Finnish team nearby) contingent is something of legend, even when they aren't passed out on the billiard table; the Belgian's bring a blue shirted army of amazing talent and entries; and the Mediterranean figure guys are amazing.

Don't try to keep up with the Australians, fear Canadians napping on the couch, and argue football with the UK hosts... even though they can't pick a team to save their lives :)

I took my family the last time I went as we were on one end of a family trip, and even they were blown away (okay the Eiffel, Tower won overall award).
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

finescalerr

Sounds like fun. The only things missing are beautiful girls in thong bikinis eager to cater to your every whim. -- ssuR

Gordon Ferguson

Russ, he was on a "family" trip !  girls were kept safely in the background

Ask Barney when he gets back, no that won't work either his wife is with him ......... she must have heard of how well he was looked after in previous years!
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

Well Barney is probably too modest to post the news , but understand he picked up a Gold & Silver for his scratch-built military vehicles at this show.

Hopefully he will post some details & pics soon !
Gordon

finescalerr

Why such a poor showing? Why not two golds? -- ssuR

Junior

Just back from the show and what a show :o!

Was looking for you "Barney" but couldnĀ“t find you but of course I saw your great models and congratulations to the medals! Took about one hundred pictures - have to organize them a bit but here is one teaser of a superb diorama by a Spanish guy. The vendor section was just amazing as well. Will be back with more pictures soon.

Anders   ;D

Junior

Pic.1[img] [/img]

Junior

Pic.2] [/img]

Junior

Pic.3[img] [/img]

Junior

Pic.4[img] [/img]

Junior

Junior

Pic.6[img] [/img]