• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

october update from kims workbench 1-32n20

Started by 1-32, September 24, 2011, 11:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi all
in the last 3 months since the last pictures of my latest module were taken i have been working at developing the scene and a starting  the scenic .the water is mud, it want to put the green folage in the water leaving the ground a bit bare.the track is working
my latest project is the item under the travelling crane i will keep you posted.
i figure that this module will take another year in which i will add detail and build up the scene.
anyway al the best kim

artizen

This is a really intriguing model with lots of fine details.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

thanks
i think that i have tried all the water teckniques including poisioning myself with expoxy.
i really like painting the water with acrlic paint then hitting the top with acrlic satin varnish -easy
all the best kim

danpickard

Nice one Kim,
I've enjoyed your renditions of "industrial" water, with a bit of murk and sludge floating around, and the old dead tree stump makes an interesting feature amongst the bare bank.  You seem to have pulled back on your colour palette with this one a bit.  And is that corn growing in the water?  Interested to hear what you used for that water plant.

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,
Dan

Frederic Testard

I love the scene, Kim. Very attractive mix of industry and nature.
Frederic Testard

shropshire lad

"October" , Kim ?  I know you Aussies are ahead of us in the "civilised" world but there are still five days to go before we reach that month ! Winter is coming fast enough without you speeding it along !

Still , the module is coming along nicely . I look forward to November's update ... the week after next .

One question . What's that lady doing behind the gantry ? Is it  one of Russ's bikini clad beauties on her holidays ,  by any chance ? Or am I seeing things that aren't there ?

Nick

1-32

yep i have just bought in a plane load for summer.corn what corn it is really reeds really.
the tree stump is the base of a really big tree that will make a arch with its branches a bit like a scenic break to break up the circle of track.there is another under the industral building.the folage and branch aspect will be made on the bench and connected later.the back of the scene is getting fragile so it is finish the back and move forward.photoes really help.
the reeds are a commercial brand of corn in both ho and o scale,made by jtt scenery products.when i first saw it i could see water.it is great to get feed back i think it needs more of the rush part easily done-i love it great for large scale.
those darn germans one of there figure manafactures make lovely 1-32 figures and in there range are a number of interesting poses oh to be 20 years younger.
as i said before this scene will develop,on the left the old industral building for lease and on the right nature with a old barge silted into the bank.at the moment it is used by a maratime salvage company.
thanks for looking kim

danpickard

Nick,
Just found the lady you are refering to...looks more like one of "Hugh's" ladies rather than one from Russ!

Dan

shropshire lad

Quote from: danpickard on September 25, 2011, 10:01:51 PM
Nick,
Just found the lady you are refering to...looks more like one of "Hugh's" ladies rather than one from Russ!

Dan

Are you sure ? Because who knows what Russ and his babes get up to behind closed doors ,

Nick

finescalerr

Nick, I suggest you refrain from further speculation about my antics with the bikini girls. This is, after all, a family oriented forum and my predilections are of minor concern to the readers thereof. Let it suffice to say that a superb cognac and a few dozen bikini beauties can indeed make for an entertaining evening, although one would eschew cavorting in or near an industrial lagoon. -- ssuR

1-32

here is the final view with uncle bill getting a eye full.the young girl was thinking of taking a swim but changed her mind when she saw how muddy the water is at the moment.she lives in the caravan [yet to be built]under the big tree on the old barge.uncle bill lives in the old factory somwhere.this view will be hard to see due to the load under the travelling crane so lets move on .i also have incliuded my referance for the scene
kim

detail_stymied

definitely (another!) languishing industrial masterpiece.
s.e. charles

finescalerr

Look! There's one of my bikini girls! I always wondered what happened to her.... -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on December 28, 2017, 12:18:24 PM
Look! There's one of my bikini girls! I always wondered what happened to her.... -- Russ

I thought you had so many that you wouldn't notice if one or two disappeared every so often ,

Nick