• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1914 Leyland mobile workshop

Started by Barney, October 26, 2011, 01:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

A few photos of my latest project in 1/24 scale - showing the main chassis -gearbox and axle -the metal pulley at the top of the gearbox is for the generator in the workshop for driving the machines it will have 2 fan belts to the generator.chassis side rails are Evergreen channel -Front axle from a Mac truck kit - Acrylic rod was used for the axle unit rear brake drums and transmission brake - nuts/bolts are from the Grandt Line and Lion Roar range - springs are separate leaves made from Evergreen strip - next job detail the chassis - fit axle and gear box.
Barney

Barney

photos not in order -one day I will get the hang of it !!   Start of chassis and chassis with springs fitted - Why do I get lines across some of the photos ?
Barney

finescalerr

This work, too, is satisfactory.

Lines across a photo are a jpeg corruption. It may happen on your computer or it may occur when you post the image, possibly because your Internet server is incompetent.

Russ

Chuck Doan

Photos look good to me as does the work!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Mr scratchmod

:o wow, that's some very nice scratch work. Been ages since I've done an all out scratchbuilt model...this might be the motivator I need to get off my butt. Question, the nuts and bolts look fantastic, who makes them and what size are they. I'll be needing LOTS of those for my next project.
Rob

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Barney

Rob
Sorry for the delay in answering the question - Nuts / bolts are Brass ones from Scale Hardware -Plastic ones are Grandt Line and Photo Etch ones from Lion Roar.
Barney

Mr scratchmod

Thanks Barney. Gonna have to get me some of those plastic storage boxes, the ones with small divided compartments, to store all the NBW and Rivets i'll be buying  ;D
Looking forward to see the next round of pics on this one.
Rob

eTraxx

A good source for small plastic storage bins are at the Pharmacy. They sell little plastic boxes for storing pills .. each compartment for a day of the week. Cheap and work great.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Mr scratchmod

Good to know, thank you. I also checked some out at Ikea and the dollar store. Once I get some time I'm going to start taking apart old broken vcr's and such for goodies to use on some scratch project and machinery. I've learned quite a bit in the last few days going over some of the threads here. Alrady made a shopping list of "to get" items.

Rob

Barney

Been doing a bit on the chassis -slow progress but getting there - steering gear / gear levers /hand brake to complete next and a little bit of refining to do in some areas made two attempts with the steering column but unhappy with the resaults as you all know it happens now and again !
Barney

Scratchman

This is looking great! 1:24 scale is a good scale for this type of project. It's nice to see a complete brake system. What are you using for a plan?

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Satisfactory fabrication. -- Russ