• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1914 Leyland mobile workshop

Started by Barney, October 26, 2011, 01:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

I can't seem to locate the Lego pieces on this one, but I really do like the stuff that I can see.  Impressive work! -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Barney

Gordon - the Plans I worked to for the chassis are the standard War Department Subsidy truck dimensions these I have used as a guide and modified the chassis to fit the optional gear box and axle as offered for Civilian use -the model being of this type a civilian vehicle converted for War Department use.
Dallas - So far 3 Lego Blocks have been used -the gearbox - the red tool box on the running Board and the Fascia panel (which is more like a wooden box on these vehicles)
Barney

Barney

Its been all go in the Chassis workshop nearly finished the chassis / brakes and steering gear

Ray Dunakin

Nice! I also like the little sawhorses used to support the chassis for the pics.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

That's an awful lot of little pieces that look really good stuck together!  ;)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

A few hours ago I told a friend to check out this model and Dallas sums it up perfectly. -- Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Nice Barney,

up to your usual standard of ultra clean and fine modelling  ................. and the chassis stands are an extra nice touch.

Any chance of you posting a picture of the real one so we can all see where you are heading with this 
Gordon

Junior

Amazing detail work!  :o :o :o Scratcbuilding as good as it gets.

Anders

Barney

Gordon
Is this any help to you !
Barney

Gordon Ferguson

;D ;D ;D

nice one, great recovery from tricky question
Gordon

Barney

Made a start on the engine and have completed the basics - next step detailing the the engine nuts/bolts/pipe work enclosed a few shots of the basic engine block and bits
Barney

Test fit in chassis

Andi Little

You really are very very good at this aren't you! ................. most definitely the dogs danglies.

I'm really hoping this last bit doesn't translate.
KBO..................... Andi.

marc_reusser

Quote from: Andi Little on February 22, 2012, 09:37:58 AM
You really are very very good at this aren't you! ................. most definitely the dogs danglies.

I'm really hoping this last bit doesn't translate.

".....ganz bestimmt die Hunde Danglies."

Yep...that's what I thought also.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Barney

But my Dog has none -well he had one and the vet at to find the other but was advised to have them off - its just like falling off a log !! brings tears to your eyes !
Barney.

Barney

Engine now detailed up and ready for the paint shop tomorrow .
Barney