• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

RR NBW size question

Started by Mr scratchmod, October 30, 2011, 07:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr scratchmod

:-[ I had no idea there were so many types of cranes, sorry, I should have been more specific. That crane looks great. I'm starting to really like cranes by what I've seen here and on the web. I was thinking a crane on a cement block in a junk/ scrap yard for the dio. But If I can't do it for the dio I then have to decide on what type of crane. Nothing too extreme for a first time out, something easy  ;D. As with all my rust buckets I like to gather as much info and pics of what I'm modeling, and even variants. Hope  all this makes sense.
Rob

shropshire lad

Quote from: Mr scratchmod on October 31, 2011, 11:49:05 AM
:-[ I had no idea there were so many types of cranes, sorry, I should have been more specific. That crane looks great. I'm starting to really like cranes by what I've seen here and on the web. I was thinking a crane on a cement block in a junk/ scrap yard for the dio. But If I can't do it for the dio I then have to decide on what type of crane. Nothing too extreme for a first time out, something easy  ;D. As with all my rust buckets I like to gather as much info and pics of what I'm modeling, and even variants. Hope  all this makes sense.
Rob

Scrapyard cranes are the best of the best . Here's a shot of one I have started , but have mucked the jib up twice so have put on hold . Not a static one ,but food for thought anyway .

Nick

Mr scratchmod

That's a cool looking Beep, would love to see the winch set up. Got a fella on my forum doing a rusted up Beep, maybe I can talk him into doing it with a crane  ;D
I like the old VW van in that backround, along with the drums

marc_reusser

My initial guess at this would be that there is no winch in the bed, & all the lifting is done by the standard front/behind the bumper mounted winch.

The back cable seems to simply be a fixed boom retainer cable (attached to the frame in rear)....or if there was a small winch back there to raise and lower it, the amount the boom could go down looks as if it is severely limited by the cab to cable intersection (since from this view no roller or cable brace/retainer is visible behind the top of the cab)...as well as the further the boom went down the less stable the Beep. (IE. forward-tippy).

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr scratchmod

Yep, good eye Marc. I can see the slack in the cable with the hook. The other is holding that puppy up. Hey, I'm learning  ;D cool

shropshire lad

Of course , I could always post the other picture I have and you might be able to see that there is some sort of hand operated winch hidden under the stone counter weights .
 This would make a good test model to try out some of the new AK Interactive products on ,
  Nick

Ray Dunakin

Looks like the winch in back is used to raise or lower the boom.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Hence the comment in my previous post:   :)

Quote..or if there was a small winch back there to raise and lower it, the amount the boom could go down looks as if it is severely limited by the cab to cable intersection

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works