• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

blue top salvage

Started by 1-32, November 06, 2011, 11:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi all how is your modelling going i hope that you all find a bit of time to do a bit.
a while ago i posted a picture of a malcom moore loco in 1-32 scale that i wanted to bash.the next 2 photos show the results.i kept the chassie and motor.the rest is either scratched or kit bashed from my scrap box.the finished size is 85 mm long[3.5 inches]35mm wide[1.5inches] by 75mm heigh[3 inches]the motive power is a black beetle.
regards kim.

1-32

this time i will make the photoes bigger.

finescalerr

I like what you have done, Kim. I think the loco will look very good on your diorama. -- Russ

danpickard

G'day Kim,
Geez, she's pretty ugly, but thats a good thing! 
Will look right at home waddling along between the rest of the interesting collection around the dock.  Doesn't really look like its built for either comfort, or speed :).  The red front plate has a cool finish to it.

Gonna be ready for its first show shortly?

Cheers,
Dan

Junior

Very nice and I agree it will look right at home on your already great diorama.

Anders

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

thanks everybody for your comments.
i have been playing around with a few different barriers for paint effects.the one i used for the red is vaseline.paint your flat base colour then apply a bit of vasline then your top colour.you can then either rub or dissolve the vasline to create a irregular pattern.another way for peeling paint is to apply rubber cement under the top coat[ rubber cement is used in the graphics trade as a glue].when all is dry with a blade peel away the cement creating a rugged pattern.
yes don i am off to the 50 year  anniversity of model railway exhibitions here in sydney at the end of the month.after 3 days 9 hours a day i swear i will never do one again it usually really exhaust me as i do it by myself.this year it is a big show 51 models plus trade i am tucked away in a little corner next to a huge digital n scale layout ,talk about chalk and cheese.
anyway again thanks for commenting
kind regards kim

1-32

hi all how are you.
this is a update of the finished version of blue top salvage as exhibited here in sydney this weekend[i dont feel that it will ever be finished] plus one of my faverite models -trainsville.trainsville was started in the 1940 and has grown but stayed the same since,it is a legend .7mm course scale ,scratch built,3 rails and heavy.

god do i love detail kind regards kim

finescalerr

I suppose the three rail display has a perverse kind of charm but Blue Top Salvage, to my eye, utterly obliterates it. Satisfactory work, young Kim. Satisfactory, indeed. -- Russ

Barney

This what you call "Atomosphere" and it's looking good
Barney

danpickard

Hi Kim, 4 deep is always a good sign at a show.  Hope you had a good weekend at were met with favorable and curious response.  It has come up as a very neat little presentation piece.  Good stuff and thanks for the updates.

Cheers
Dan

Chuck Doan

Choosing a salavage yard is perfect for your detail cravings! Never ending.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

1-32

thanks guys ,the high level viewing level worked very well.it was nice that people could get in close and have a good look at eye level.to lift the light level i used a 15 watt fluro  and the leds together.
kind regards kim

michael mott

Hi Kim the new loco look just like is was built from a pile of salvage, and will no doubt fit right in.

It has that look of something built by a team from a TV series called "Junk Yard Wars" or something like that title, that I remember watching many years ago.

Michael   

1-32

hi michael i think there was a english and american version of the show i  enjoyed the it.does any bodie here log into the godfather of rail site there there in the industral loco section you will find a bashed plymouth diesel,check it out.
kind regards kim