• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pair of Remoras

Started by FichtenFoo, December 11, 2011, 03:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Great paint job Nick! Now let´s see some J.B.A water around the island. Atteneded his clinique in Eindhoven last year...great! Unfortunately I already forgot most of it  ???. Quite a bit to keep up with if you want that finish.

Anders

shropshire lad

Quote from: Junior on March 29, 2012, 03:58:44 AM
Great paint job Nick! Now let´s see some J.B.A water around the island. Atteneded his clinique in Eindhoven last year...great! Unfortunately I already forgot most of it  ???. Quite a bit to keep up with if you want that finish.

Anders

The thing is , Anders , there is no water involved . My island will be floating in the sky , so maybe I need to learn to how to make clouds !

Nick

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on March 29, 2012, 01:30:21 PM

Anders

The thing is , Anders , there is no water involved . My island will be floating in the sky , so maybe I need to learn to how to make clouds !

Nick

With all these nice comments your most likely on cloud nine now!!!!  At least you won't need to go far on making them.

Outside of that a really nice job Sir Nick.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Atteneded his clinique in Eindhoven last year...great!
Anders

Grrrr...have some choice words for you. :-X ;D ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on March 29, 2012, 10:23:27 PM
Anders

Well , if you do insist in living in the middle of nowhere far from where the real action is , what do you expect ! You could have come along and seen how he does it for yourself .

I couldn't attend myself that weekend as I was washing my hair ! 

Nick

FichtenFoo

Quote from: shropshire lad on March 30, 2012, 05:43:06 AM
Quote from: marc_reusser on March 29, 2012, 10:23:27 PM
Anders

Well , if you do insist in living in the middle of nowhere far from where the real action is , what do you expect ! You could have come along and seen how he does it for yourself .

I couldn't attend myself that weekend as I was washing my hair ! 

Nick

I would say Marc can justify that by living close to some really cool reference material. In some ways that's better. :-)
Chicks dig giant robots.

shropshire lad

Quick update .

I've been busy vegetating . Mostly grass , with a few dead leaves , weeds and ferns thrown in .  Next concentrating  on trackwork and mine entrance .

danpickard

G'day Nick,
Coming along very nice.  I really like the shape of the floating island...will make a fairly uniquely styled diorama when all done.  Was it to hang from the roof when finished, or balance on the tip of the island as pictured here?

Cheers,
Dan

FichtenFoo

That looks really good!
Chicks dig giant robots.

TRAINS1941

Sir Nick,

I must say very impressive.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

W.P. Rayner

Wow... very clever presentation and nicely done as well.

Paul

Malachi Constant

Beautiful!  Is there a time-share available?  Would really like to spend some time there before the people arrive.  ;)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

lab-dad

WOW!
Is it heavy?
How are you planning to elevate it? Or do you know Happy Potter?

Your vegetation is really great! Just needs some RR tracks now! ;)

-Mj

FichtenFoo

Looking at it again... I love the rocky bottom, but feel that it needs some small random veg in crevasses and definitely some roots from that tree sticking out. Still awesome though. Grass looks great. Jealous that I didn't do this now!
Chicks dig giant robots.

shropshire lad

Quote from: FichtenFoo on May 02, 2012, 05:27:22 AM
Looking at it again... I love the rocky bottom, but feel that it needs some small random veg in crevasses and definitely some roots from that tree sticking out. Still awesome though. Grass looks great. Jealous that I didn't do this now!

It's no where near finished yet , so what you have suggested has already been started on , but on the other side of the island . I have put a few roots and grass tufts around the back , but I'm not happy with the grass tufts  so I'll be altering them in due course . There are  shrubs , bushes , trailing ivy , weeds , fallen leaves , decaying wood etc etc all to be planted , but , as you know , these things take time and I want to make sure I plant them in the right order , to save re-doing them later .

Feel free to build your own island . But I somehow I think that you don't have enough spare time at the moment , with all your other projects ,to do it justice . For me , in addition to having somewhere to display my Remora/Lorelei , it is an excercise to keeping up with the latest scenery methods and getting in some practice in rockwork . 

I have also been diverted by playing around with my latest purchases which will be used in my next project , which will be even more awesome . Or should that read " aweful" ? That one will be returning to earth and more grounded in reality that this current project .