• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pair of Remoras

Started by FichtenFoo, December 11, 2011, 03:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwranta193

It would be nice to see a fleet of these together... I'm really enjoying the variations on the three examples in this string.  I've got one down for my birthday list.

Lastly, yours is looking awesome, Nick!  I'm a little disappointed that you chose to go with a factory new finish, but you can't have everything...  ;D  How are you coming on the "Yes" island - I've really been wanting to see where you were taking that part of the project as well.  That art work ate up a lot of my day dreaming hours as a kid...
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

JohnTolcher

Hi Nick, very nicely painted!
Cheers
John in Australia

Wesleybeks

Great work Nick.

I look forward to your pics with the island.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

shropshire lad

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on March 25, 2012, 04:29:38 PM
Looks great, Nick!

Where do they get 80k people who are interested in viewing quality models??

Dortmund in Germany has a potential catchment of 250 million people ( or however many people live in Europe ) and they all move around pretty freely . There will be Germans (obviously) , French , Dutch , Belgian, Spanish , Scandanavian , Russian , British etc. etc. attending . I have not been to the show before , but I have been told that there are seven large halls devoted to all things modelling . These include military ,fantasy , railway , remote control models (which have their own hall in which to fly their planes and sail their boats) and anything else that I have forgotten .
  80,000 people through the door is the figure for a poor year , in a good years the figure is nearer 120,000 !

Everything I have said is what I have been told , so whether it is accurate I can only confirm after the show . No doubt someone will take their Box Brownie with them and will post some photos here later .

Nick

finescalerr

Your model turned out more satisfactory than somewhat. Maybe one of the 80,000 visitors to the show will notice. -- Russ

lab-dad

Love it Nick!
I really need to get the Hornethropter out!
May be after I finish what i have on the bench?
One of those welder girls, or two would look good with it!
Nice to see pictures of your modeling again!
-Marty

FichtenFoo

Yikes... that's a lot of people. And I only have 3 Remora left in stock as of this morning. Not planning another batch for another 4-5 months to focus on getting other releases produced.  :-X
Chicks dig giant robots.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

jacq01

How come you are building these models  ??? ???

Hit by a brick ?  ;D ;D

will be nice seeing this one in Dortmund.  What are you charging Michael for advertising this ???

Very nicely done

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on March 26, 2012, 07:28:52 AM

How come you are building these models  ??? ???

Hit by a brick ?  ;D ;D

will be nice seeing this one in Dortmund.  What are you charging Michael for advertising this ???

Very nicely done

Jacq

Jacq,

You forget , Confusius say ,  "Man cannot live by trains alone" !

No form of payment will be expected , but if a nice kit comes  my way then who am I am to object  !

Nick  

shropshire lad

Quote from: FichtenFoo on March 26, 2012, 06:44:22 AM
Yikes... that's a lot of people. And I only have 3 Remora left in stock as of this morning. Not planning another batch for another 4-5 months to focus on getting other releases produced.  :-X

Well, if anyone wants one enough they will have to be prepared to wait .   So you're saying you wouldn't be able to cope with a sudden influx of an order for 1000 units ?!   

Nick

FichtenFoo

1000 units... that might be a tad hard to accomplish in a short time frame. I'd certainly be up to the task though!
Chicks dig giant robots.

marc_reusser

Nick...I'll sell mine for 4-times what I paid for it, and give you 25%.   ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

FichtenFoo

Marc: scalper!

Nick: I posted a thread in the general forum about the upcoming deckhand figures for the Remora (or anything). They turned out great!

http://industriamechanika.com/blog/2012/03/ian-mcques-deckhands-series-1/
Chicks dig giant robots.

Bexley

Holy carp! Those are awesome. ME WANT NOW.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack