• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pair of Remoras

Started by FichtenFoo, December 11, 2011, 03:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on May 02, 2012, 05:05:29 AM
WOW!
Is it heavy?
How are you planning to elevate it? Or do you know Happy Potter?

Your vegetation is really great! Just needs some RR tracks now! ;)

-Mj

Yes , it is bliddy heavy , so I don't intend to suspend it . It will just sit on its current base , which will be tidied up at the end .

Who's Happy Potter ? Any relation to Barry Trotter ?

Trackwork is happening next . Then the mine entrance . Just mulling over how the entrance will look .

Chuck Doan

Looking good, that concept is turning out well.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Junior

Ha....one of the most unusal dioramas I have seen. It´s even "worse" than Marc´s current one...... ;D! Great idea and very well executed so far. Will you be patient enough to wait for the deck crew?

Anders

FichtenFoo

The first 30 of the deck crew sets will be shipping next week if all goes well, with the next 30 2 weeks after, so not TOO much of a wait left.
Chicks dig giant robots.

shropshire lad

Quote from: Junior on May 02, 2012, 11:49:54 AM
Ha....one of the most unusal dioramas I have seen. It´s even "worse" than Marc´s current one...... ;D! Great idea and very well executed so far. Will you be patient enough to wait for the deck crew?

Anders

Hell , it won't  be nearly finished by the time the deck crew are available . However , I am yet to be convinced  that they will be suitable for this diorama . Plus my figure painting would probably spoil the diorama .

Forget what I just said , as Michael has just spoken .

Gordon Ferguson

Well young lad it's coming on, and looking good!

How about some drystone walls around the mine entrance, got some nice lightweight ones that I'm sure we could fit in there ;). And at a very reasonable price :D
Gordon

jacq01

Looks good...  I expected more roots dangling underneat and between the rocks.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Well that is probably the wildest/strangest dio I have seen. Nice work on the scenery. Wish you would do an SBS on it as you do along.

Really great to see this one moving along...look forward to the next update. KBO.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Andi Little

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 03, 2012, 04:24:37 AM
Really great to see this one moving along...look forward to the next update.KBO

Have you just pinched my tag-line??? - If so then I'm flattered, if not.....then paranoid?
KBO..................... Andi.

mad gerald

... KBO ...
... just curious, what KBO stands for ... googled around and found things like
- Korean Baseball Organization
- Key Bottle Opener
... the most matching meaning IMHO seems to be keep buggering on ... ?!

Cheers

Andi Little

Quote from: mad gerald on May 03, 2012, 06:58:48 AM
... KBO ...

That'll be the one........... !

A well known saying of Sir Winston Churchill. ............ A little like - "Never!....... in the field of human conflict; have so many, been buggered about, by so few"!
KBO..................... Andi.

mad gerald

Quote from: Andi Little on May 03, 2012, 07:22:13 AM
Quote from: mad gerald on May 03, 2012, 06:58:48 AM
... KBO ...
That'll be the one........... !
... OK, thanks! As a non native speaker I always like to add idioms (or acronyms) to my (active) english vocabulary ...  ;D

Cheers

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on May 02, 2012, 12:19:55 PM
Well young lad it's coming on, and looking good!

How about some drystone walls around the mine entrance, got some nice lightweight ones that I'm sure we could fit in there ;). And at a very reasonable price :D

I'll take a dozen . Have them delivered to the tradesmans entrance by the weekend . Mind you don't include any dodgy ones that have green mold on them . I shall have Mrs. Hudson inspect them thoroughly before accepting them .

shropshire lad

Well that is probably the wildest/strangest dio I have seen. Nice work on the scenery. Wish you would do an SBS on it as you do along.

Really great to see this one moving along...look forward to the next update. KBO.

Marc

SBS on grass laying :

You will need static grass , glue , a static grass applicator  ( home made or shop bought ) and a vacuum cleaner .

1 .   Put glue on diorama .

2.    Put grass into applicator .

3.    Turn on applicator and splinkle grass over glue .

4.    Allow to dry .

5.    Hoover up unstuck grass .

6.   Repeat ad-infinitum , or until you run out of diorama . Or grass . Or glue .

Feel free to ask if there is something that needs elaborating  !

JBA  ... Nick

Chuck Doan

Or the Hoover bag gets full. Then what.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/