• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pair of Remoras

Started by FichtenFoo, December 11, 2011, 03:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

I suppose you are going to want pictures of the materials  and the reference sources I used , as well as the detailed description I have just given ?

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 03, 2012, 12:12:44 PM
Or the Hoover bag gets full. Then what.

Damn , I hadn't thought of that . I shall have to go away and think about it . Back in a jiffy .

mad gerald

Quote from: shropshire lad on May 03, 2012, 12:10:04 PM
   JBA  ... Nick
...don't want to be a busybody, but that one seems to be tricky (or perhaps for insider only?) ... jewled battle axe? junior bad ass? Or is it related to the modelling artist Jean-Bernard André ...?
Cheers

FichtenFoo

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 03, 2012, 12:12:44 PM
Or the Hoover bag gets full. Then what.
Then you fail at static grass and need to repeat the class. :D
Chicks dig giant robots.

Alan Rees

Great work Nick! I like the Ile Flottante idea because it's one of my favourite deserts.  http://winosandfoodies.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/07/waiter-theres-a.html

What also struck me instantly was the similarity between your scene and some lesser known event involving an iceberg.

shropshire lad

Quote from: mad gerald on May 03, 2012, 12:33:00 PM
Quote from: shropshire lad on May 03, 2012, 12:10:04 PM
   JBA  ... Nick
...don't want to be a busybody, but that one seems to be tricky (or perhaps for insider only?) ... jewled battle axe? junior bad ass? Or is it related to the modelling artist Jean-Bernard André ...?
Cheers

No , silly , it is " Just Buggering About "  ! 

shropshire lad

Quote from: Alan Rees on May 03, 2012, 02:16:30 PM
Great work Nick! I like the Ile Flottante idea because it's one of my favourite deserts.  http://winosandfoodies.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/07/waiter-theres-a.html

What also struck me instantly was the similarity between your scene and some lesser known event involving an iceberg.

Feel free to come and have a nibble on mine any time .

" Lesser known event involving an iceberg " ?   Nope , you've got me there . Give us a clue .

Chuck Doan

The invention of Vodka on the rocks?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Alan Rees

Quote from: shropshire lad on May 03, 2012, 04:10:47 PM

" Lesser known event involving an iceberg " ?   Nope , you've got me there . Give us a clue .

Unlike your creation, it was one of the world's famous disasters. 

FichtenFoo

Quote from: Alan Rees on May 06, 2012, 08:15:06 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on May 03, 2012, 04:10:47 PM

Unlike your creation, it was one of the world's famous disasters. 
Are you calling his work a less than famous disaster?  :D
Chicks dig giant robots.

Marc988

Vey nice Island Nick! I love the subject
Is there any progress on the whole diorama?

Some time ago there was an animation series called Skyland. Unfortunately they only made 1 season (as far as I know) but for inspiration still a lot can be found on the net
Parts of episodes can be found on youtube.
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqtt-dGYkF4&list=FL9l9QXjpReIBAO1GIoI3FFg&index=22&feature=plpp_video

or pictures for example pictures through google.

artizen

My kids used to watch Skyland. I am pretty sure there was more than one series - otherwise that single series had a hell of a lot of episodes!!! Cool concepts - right up there with Cowboy Bebop and Dr Who.

This hanging island concept with floating skyboats has me thinking about a new layout which I must resist. I have run out of room and I haven't even finished layout two (out of four planned already).
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

shropshire lad

There has been progress , but I haven't taken any photos recently . I shall leave it until I have made more progress .

The diorama had its first public outing today and seemed to meet with  a favourable reaction . Mainly because they didn't know what they were looking at .

The Skyland clip looks interesting and I'm sure there would be some useful ideas in the programmes . Though I'm not sure I'm going to sit through lots of episodes to find them !

Nick

Mr Potato Head

I 'm number fourteen!
Hey I got mine today! It's a beautiful day here in Idaho, so I rode my beach cruiser (now a cow field cruiser) down to my small town post office, and I got my Deck hands! Woo Hoo
I am sure I am the first on my block to get theirs! And heck I'm pretty sure the first person above the 43 parallel?????
They came nicely packaged in this cool box!
Now if I could just figure out where I left that darn Remora??? It was floating around here somewhere,...............
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

FichtenFoo

Awesome. These are from my additional casting company that I brought on to do the figure releases. These smaller releases were slowing up the larger ones so I had to hire more production... now I have 3 casters doing iMech releases... should be enough for a while. LOL! My original caster is still doing the first 2 Sashas, (1/32 and 1/35) but I might transfer them to the new guy as well so he can focus on the big stuff.
Chicks dig giant robots.