• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New "FAQ 2" Book

Started by marc_reusser, December 22, 2011, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Younger

Where can I find Cranky's book?
-Younger
-Younger

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: finescalerr on January 07, 2012, 12:51:54 AM
When he found out my distributor is Kalmbach he ran quickly in the other direction. Can't say I blame him. Russ

I'm pretty sure this question has come up before Russ, but is there a particular reason you're tied to Kalmbach for distribution? Is it because they're the only game distributing to hobby shops? Are there not other distributors who might open up other market outlets?

Paul

finescalerr

Yes, Kalmbach is the only game in town for railroad oriented publications. There are a few reasons for that. Were there a better choice I would have seized it 15 years ago. Down the road, should my publications shift focus, a different kind of distributor might become feasible. For now I must endure Kalmbach's passive approach to sales in general and the obvious preference for their own publications.

I can't wait to retire.

Russ

Mobilgas

My FAQ 2" book came in the mail today :) ordered off the US- AK site and paid with pay-pal.  Its nice haveing all this info in one book.
Craig

JESTER

Mine says it was shipped!! They finally cleared customs!!

BKLN

Mine arrived this Saturday. One of the best things I have bought in a long long time.
Absolutely worth the price!

Chuck Doan

I ordered mine last Friday and received it yesterday by noon. Great service from AK interactive USA.
The book seem better organized than previous. Very good description of color modulation.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/