• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

extra-narrow gauge project idea

Started by JohnP, December 26, 2011, 06:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Anyone need a new project? Have a look at these photos:

http://www.godfatherrails.com/photos/gallery.asp?ID=22

The lil' Plymouth has its guts out in the open including the sliding-disk transmission. The NG track contrast with the SG is wonderful. And the photos are from 1970; it was likely around for decades before. It would be great in 1:32 with standard gauge boxcar nearby.

John
John Palecki

Ray Dunakin

Very cool. I wish there were some better shots of the "guts".
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mobilgas

Craig

Malachi Constant

Neat stuff -- thanks for posting!  There's the makings of a great diorama there ... with the line of boxcars providing a very natural "backdrop" for the NG equipment in front.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

IRRC, there are some pretty good plan drawings of this model Plymouth in the paperbound "Plymouth Locomotives" book that came out some 8+/- years ago.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

I'm hoping todo this one (ihave the same epics saved)
I want To do it in1/16 like my other Plymouth and battery r/c...........someday........
thanks for posting
Mj

JohnP

I am pleased to see my time wasted on the intertubes has been put to good use!

I have the "Critters, Dinkys & Centercabs" book by Jay Reed. http://www.sonic.net/~jayreed/index.html
On page 100 is a photo of the Plymouth AL "type 2" model. It appears to be a match of this unit. And it is a photo from the other side. I did notice on the Maine unit there is a small "AL1D" cast in. The book says they were built without radiators, but some had them added later. If it is the original engine it is good for 23 horsies. The friction plate drives a chain to an idler shaft (bearings visible) then chains to the axles. No gears are involved. The canopy is original to those units.

3 1/2 tons and 23 HP. I wonder if it was high-adhesion with wheel slip control?

John
John Palecki