• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Heywood 15" Gauge Brake Van Photo

Started by W.P. Rayner, December 27, 2011, 04:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

Found this photo of a Heywood Brake Van under construction...

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W.P. Rayner

It is... I was experimenting with combining the drawings of the van superstructure with the hardware components that I've drawn to date. Just for fun I placed it into an industrial HDRI environment for the render. It's one of the renders I've prepared for my new web site launching on Jan 1st.

Paul

JohnP

And I bet your computer doesn't have a wind-up key on the side like mine >:(

Your renderings are always beautiful. The textures and lighting make the scene. Keep them coming.

John
John Palecki

danpickard

Geez computers are clever these days ;)  The shadowing a reflections are pretty damn cool.  For those that didn't know that this has been an ongoing CAD project of yours, they'd be easily fooled to thinking that was a built version on first inspection.  Thanks for sharing your work Paul.

Cheers,
Dan

jmartin

Paul,

Where did you get that HDRI?

John
John Martin
Fort Mill, SC
http://public.fotki.com/johnmartin

W.P. Rayner

John:

That's one of the stock HDRI environments in Keyshot 2.

Paul