• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Berliet CBA 1916 - scratch build 1/35 scale

Started by DarBeck, January 15, 2012, 01:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarBeck

Hi all. The second time I show up at your hospitable board. The first time I presented a model "Indian Chief" from 1952. After your warm acceptance ventured a second time to present my modeling workshop. This time I will build model trucks from the period of the IWW, "Berliet CBA" - from the silent hero of the Battle of Verdun in 1916. I make plastic model in 1 / 35 scale. The final stage of my work will be resin model. I made a cab, side and curtain hold. I hope that my work you enjoy it.

Dariusz Beck

lab-dad

Most excellent.
Some brief explanations under each image telling
what was done would be very appreciated.
We could learn some more from you.
Thanks for posting.
Marty

Ray Dunakin

Nice work, especially putting in all those rivets!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Most satisfactory ... except for the louvers on the side of the hood. The plastic is too thick. Maybe photo etched brass would work better? Maybe a frame will hide it? Otherwise virtually perfect. -- Russ

Andi Little

Another vote for a few explanatory notes; I understand [or gather] that English is not your first language, in fact you may even be using an online translation service - but; You're very welcome contributions would be so much more appreciated if there was some indication of how you achieved certain effects - eg: - The production of riveting is known to me - but where are you able to get the little ball bearings [?] so readily? How have you imprinted the "canvas weave" effect into the roof panels.
If written language is a real problem a short pictorial containing all the appropriate elements would be very welcome - they can be quite demanding around here, but that's why they model at such elevated levels. I tend not to post myself because I feel I can add nothing to the skills pool but I do lurk intensively............ and I've learnt so much by just being quiet and watching, and Dariusz, I happen to think you're well worth watching.

Round of applause from this side of the room.
KBO..................... Andi.

Mr Potato Head

Since you're new to the group, you probably didn't know that we go by the international standard of the "Magic Penny" American or Euro, but I will give you a pass with the Magic Match Stick, for now,.............. :-\
What are those rivets made of they look like shinny silver balls, like confectioners candy?? Also there are over achievers here in this group  ::)so if you feel better writing about your work in your native language that would be better than no information at all
And one of them I am sure will translate (I am reminded of the scene in the movie "Airplane" where June Cleaver (Barbara Billingsley) is translating "Jive" to the flight attendant)  ;D ;D ;D
MPH
Love "Airplane" the movie!
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

DarBeck

OK guys! My English is very poor! Google translator to help me. Do I really have to write in Polish? That will be fun!
;D

Dariusz Beck

finescalerr

Design-HSB

I also think it's about good model, not good English.

Since I also have problems with the Englich language I also use the Google translator.

But in any case a very interesting model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

DarBeck

imitation rivets are made from BGA balls. You can buy them in different sizes. Russ, improves the shutters, and in Chinese I can not! ;D

Dariusz Beck

shropshire lad

Quote from: Design-HSB on January 17, 2012, 01:21:15 AM
I also think it's about good model, not good English.

Since I also have problems with the Englich language I also use the Google translator.

But in any case a very interesting model.

Most of the chaps on this Forum have problems with English . Because they are American !

But seriously , I have great admiration for anyone for whom English isn't their first language who takes the trouble to post their work here . I'm sure I don't have the nerve to post on a Polish site .

Dariusz, the Berliet is looking very good , I look forward to seeing the finished model ,

Nick ( in England)

marc_reusser

Very neat build (in any language  ;) ) I am glad to see one of these trucks, and how you are building it. You note that these are masters for resin casting. Are you just casting for yourself, or will this be for a kit?

Look forward to seeing mor on this.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

Gee Nick I didn't know you were from England?  ??? ("Shropshirelad", "Chaps", "there American") ::) ::)
Mr. Potato Head ( Moscow) (Idaho) (USA)  ;D ::)
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

shropshire lad

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on January 17, 2012, 07:24:20 AM
Gee Nick I didn't know you were from England?  ??? ("Shropshirelad", "Chaps", "there American") ::) ::)
Mr. Potato Head ( Moscow) (Idaho) (USA)  ;D ::)

MPH ,

The clue is in my user name ! But if you didn't know that Shropshire is in England then it isn't much of a clue .

Nick

Mr Potato Head

Sorry Nick I was just being a smart ars ( or as they say in French Dumas)
Where else would Shropshire be?
Shropshire (  /ˈʃrɒpʃər/ or /ˈʃrɒpʃɪər/; alternatively Salop;[7] abbreviated, in print only, Shrops[8]) is a county in the West Midlands region of England. It borders Wales to the west, Cheshire to the north, Staffordshire to the east, Worcestershire to the south-east and Herefordshire to the south.

Just Like MPH from Moscow! Where else would I be from?
MPH
Dumas extraordinaire
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho