• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Berliet CBA 1916 - scratch build 1/35 scale

Started by DarBeck, January 15, 2012, 01:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabloodhound

And all this time I thought Nick's user name referred to the breed of sheep that he preferred as a lad.  ::) ::)

And Dariusz, this will be a fine model and I'm sure more than equal to your Indian Chief.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Frederic Testard

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on January 17, 2012, 11:54:14 AM
( or as they say in French Dumas)
Dumas extraordinaire
You're right, Sir PH, Alexandre Dumas is extraordinaire, but I suspect even the worst accented Frenchies would rather say dumbass (if I understand well the moscovite...) :)
Sir Nick can only be English, because he is so classy.
And this model of a Berliet truck is really nice.
Frederic Testard

JohnP

Using BGA balls for rivets is very clever. These are Ball Grid Array solder balls. They are small, round and smooth.

They are for a method of soldering electronic chips to a board. There are no leads or pins. The chip has grid of tiny pads on the bottom, and the board has a grid to match. These solder balls come attached to the chip. Additional paste solder is applied to the tiny pads on the board. When heated they reflow (melt) and make the connection. Your cell phone is full of these things.

Boring? Normally yes, unless x-ray images show some did not reflow properly. Then your day at work starts to suck.

John
John Palecki

Ray Dunakin

Thanks for that explanation; I had no idea what "BGA balls" were, and assumed they were some kind of tiny ball bearings.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

DarBeck

Hello again. I had a very busy week. But progress in the work are visible.

Jeteście curious as doing an imitation of the canvas? An example of plastic cotton handkerchief, brush, glue impose rare, the best is the Tamiya extra thin cement. Push your finger, while I wait and take off my scarf. Just wait until it evaporates and you're glue.

Lead balls of BGA is a fantastic material for the modeller. I use balls with a diameter from 0.25 mm to 0.45 mm.

I made silicone mold wheels, front and rear. Because I'm going to do I set the casting mold with resin.

elements that have already been made ​​of resin ...

Dariusz Beck

finescalerr

JESTER

Dariusz, did you glue the balls in place or are they pressure fit?

Thanks

DarBeck

Quote from: JESTER on January 23, 2012, 06:31:45 AM
Dariusz, did you glue the balls in place or are they pressure fit?

Thanks

drilled a little bit smaller than the ball and glue glosscote (Model Master).

Dariusz Beck

Seattle Dave

Great work!  In an earlier photo in this thread, I see a plan sheet for this truck.  Where can I get a copy of those plans?  I have looked online, but only can find a side plan in very small scale and no dimensions.

Thanks for any help.

Dave
Dave VanderWal

DarBeck

Quote from: Seattle Dave on February 12, 2012, 12:20:30 PM
Great work!  In an earlier photo in this thread, I see a plan sheet for this truck.  Where can I get a copy of those plans?  I have looked online, but only can find a side plan in very small scale and no dimensions.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Hi Dave! Scan and send you the plans.

Pozdrawiam
Dariusz Beck

Seattle Dave

I know you tried to send me the plans attached to email, but the file was not useable.  Can you post the scan here like a photo?

Many thanks.
Dave VanderWal

DarBeck

Hi all!
I present photos of my progress in building the model Berliet.

Regard

Dariusz Beck

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: DarBeck on February 26, 2012, 11:49:15 AM

Dariusz Beck

Very fine work Dariusz, would be  interested in some more details as to how you made the master for the chain and sprocket.

Thanks
Gordon

marc_reusser

really fascinating to watch this come together. Thanks for the updates.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

DarBeck

Time for a resin model assembly together. Painting is modeled on the original. I am happy with the look of the model, at least for now.

Regard

Dariusz Beck