• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Is There Anybody There

Started by Barney, February 18, 2012, 09:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Hi there Guys and Girls -is there anybody out there -appears to be a bit quite on the Forum  I think we all need a daily dose of the Forum to keep our inspiration up and bounce the odd modelling tip of each other but at the moment it all seems a bit to quite - I know its all to easy to get fed up with a project that's why we need that inspiration to flow from all you fellow modellers - my latest "Fed up " project being my large scale machine workshop had enough just can not proceed with it any more tried shelving it but it just don't work but a bit of luck saved it from the bin and its now under new ownership (hopefully the new owner will continue the article on the forum and finish it) so its a fresh start on a new small workshop in 1/35th basically a wooden open lean-to against a slate wall - surrounded by a bit of a junk yard- well that's my thoughts so far.
So what are all you folks doing out there -what are your latest goodies you have purchased - any thoughts for new projects - any new tips and hints on modelling techniques
or even what have started and need little bit of inspiration to finish it -we all need you out there (hopefully there is some one out there) So come on everybody awake and give us all "INSPIRATION" enclosed a few "rough" shots of a few of the projects at Barneys Place.
Barney

The new workshop in undercoat and ready for some colour -

the truck kit for the junk yard dog

Even made a start on the mobile work shop Leyland Engine "the 2 LEGO blocks

mad gerald

Quote from: Barney on February 18, 2012, 09:35:06 AM
... -is there anybody out there - ...

...definitely absolutely, but funny that you are asking: that's what I thought the last weeks, visiting different fora during my tiny amount of spare time instead of carrying on building ...  :P ... feels a bit like a building blockade ...

Main reason is - as always - a lack of time, can't really focus long enough on one modelling topic, because there so many projetcs in progress (or have not even been started  ;)) and it seems, that my project in IIf (26,7mm track representing 600mm gauge) can't be shelved (in a storage rack), so I don't find a short term solution to store it and am dabbling with the idea to realize a similar layout in Gn15 instead (the "modern" feldbahnwagen where fun to build!) as I don't want to change the scale (1/22,5) ... and thats how the mess is looking at me this very moment ...  ::)  

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, but it's no finescale modelling ...  ;)

Cheers

shropshire lad

Yes , still here , but been a bit busy .

shropshire lad

Another one .

finescalerr

I have definitely noticed the disturbing lack of posts. Marty, Gerald, Nick, Dallas, and Gordon may be the only ones making slow but steady progress this winter. My excuse is that I just finished the Logging/Industrial Annual and, when you receive your copy, you will notice half as many modeling articles as usual. That is not a coincidence but a direct result of what Nick alludes to.

Winter is usually prime modeling time so I am curious: What's keeping you from the bench? Is it lack of interest, big work load, or what?

Russ

Ken Hamilton

Quote from: finescalerr on February 18, 2012, 12:41:45 PM
......Marty, Gerald, Nick, Dallas, and Gordon may be the only ones making slow but steady progress this winter.
Ummm........excuse me.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Mobilgas

I'm still alive ;D  I wish i was going Gun-Ho on a project :( just cant seem to get going on a build at this time....im in the arm chair modeler mode right now :)
Craig

mabloodhound

I lurk in here every day but have been busy getting my On30 kits ready for the spring shows.   I know this forum isn't much about kits so I don't post them here.   Also, I'm now building the paddlewheel tug kit from Train Troll.   So I'm busy, just not with any scratch or fine detail stuff.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

shropshire lad

Quote from: Ken Hamilton on February 18, 2012, 01:03:13 PM
Quote from: finescalerr on February 18, 2012, 12:41:45 PM
......Marty, Gerald, Nick, Dallas, and Gordon may be the only ones making slow but steady progress this winter.
Ummm........excuse me.

If your name ain't on the list you can't join in . But seeing as it's you we'll make an exception . However , we need another photo to confirm you're doing something .

Russ , bless him , forgot to include the originator of this thread on his little list . What a Silly Sausage !

eTraxx

Here also .. but since my modeling is semi-scale instead of fine-scale I have little to post. Working on a sluice gate for my pump house

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

My modeling time the past few months has been limited due to time spent caring for my lovely wife, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in September and is currently undergoing chemo.

Also had to set aside some time to do some work on our taxes. Right now, I'm trying to finish an article for Garden Railways, and then I plan to write up something for Russ about how I turned styrene into "wood" for my miner's cabin.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Rail and Tie

First of all, Ray, hope all works out well for your wife and yourself. Our hopes go with you.

I am a relative newbee here as I work mostly in small scale stuff, so when you photograph it, it shows the really small flaws which look big!!  Anyways, here is a prototype of my Seabiscuits Boatworks that I have been working on. It is in "N" Scale and is a work in progress.

I must say that I come here mostly for the glowing ideas and fantastic modelling!

Darryl
Cheers!
Darryl

"Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

http://www.interactionhobbies.com
http://www.facebook.com/railandtie

Rail and Tie

another shot...
Cheers!
Darryl

"Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

http://www.interactionhobbies.com
http://www.facebook.com/railandtie

Ray Dunakin

Thanks, and welcome aboard! That's great work for N scale!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I apologize to all whose names I inadvertently left off the list of those actively working on models (Ken, Ray, Chuck, Mr. Stand-In-The-Corner, Kim, and any others). I failed to research every post for the past two weeks before meticulously listing the name of every modeler who showed a progress shot; instead I took a shortcut to keep the paragraph shorter. I will stand in the corner for a while in penance.

But it's still been kinda slow around here.

Russ