• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Need info on Logging Disconnects KIT'S

Started by Mobilgas, February 20, 2012, 07:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Just picked up 8 Old Don Winter logging disconnects kits....6 kit's are the High Hercules.....and 2 are the Snohomish logging disconnects.  I never built them before....just wondering if anyone here has any expericence building these from Don Winter :) Tip's?? Good or Bad...... Plus there all On3 but want to change them to On30 will this give me any problem's ??
Craig

jacq01

Craig,

the wheels in On30 might come close to the centre beam.  You have any photo's of the types ?

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Since the inside surface of the wheels is visible on these, I would recommend using a set of the Foothill Model Works 26" celcon wheelsets http://www.foothillmodelworks.com/DetailPt.html. Since the disconnects are white metal or brass, you dont need the weight of NWSL type wheels, and the FMW ones will amp up the visual quality of the disconnects by 100%. Jerry can supply them in On3 or On30. If in doubt about axle ends fitting into the sideframes, just give him a call or drop him an email.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works