• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Oscar's workshop in 1/35th

Started by Barney, March 11, 2012, 02:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

A fresh start in 1/35th scale a small workshop and stores shed "Oscar's" the wall was from Nicks junk box and the De-Winton look a like loco is scratch built from Plastic Card and Lego blocks the chassis is from an Airfix Pug kit (now Dapol kits) the stove is from Verlindon.The interior shelving is plastic card and detailed with Grandt line bolts and hinges.
Barney

darrylhuffman

Barney,

1/35th gets to be more interesting all the time.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

Malachi Constant

Looks a bit drafty ... but very promising!  ;)  Stonework and shelving look good ... think I recognize the Verlinden stove.   Neat stuff.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

That stove is interesting, I've never seen one with fins around the exterior like that. It does seem like a good way to radiate the heat.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Excellent so far....that wall with the shelves look really great. NickĀ“s scrapbox seem to have an endless supply of that particular stone wall as it also appeared in another thread from the U.K. the other day..... ;D!

Anders

pwranta193

Nice start, Barney  8)

Ref: Nick's Scrap Box - Yeah... how does one get access to this magic bin of organic legos?  ;D
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

Barney

The trick with Nicks scrap box is - when he looks the other way you dive in - you have to be quick.
Photo of inspiration for Oscar's workshop
Barney

shropshire lad

Quote from: Barney on March 12, 2012, 07:57:13 AM
The trick with Nicks scrap box is - when he looks the other way you dive in - you have to be quick.
Photo of inspiration for Oscar's workshop
Barney

I'm going to buy some mousetraps to put in my scrapbox . That should sort out the pesky vermin that steal my goodies .

Nice picture , Barnabus .

TRAINS1941

Looks good so far.  The wall looks like a New England Browstone!!!!!  Nick have you been hoardy them from the last show in Ma.???????? :)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Jerry - its funny you should mention the name -that was my next question - now I know who's wall it is I can now send for some more its the best wall I have seen nice and fine and easy to re-work to the shape of building required and it looks fine for 1/35th scale -anything to avoid catching my fingers in a rat trap at the bottom of Nicks junk box
Barney

lab-dad

Make sure you ask about corners, they're new and AMAZING!!!!!!!!
He also has wall sections with doors and windows!!!

https://nebrownstone.com/index.htm

-Marty

marc_reusser

Just lovely...and your usual superb level of craftsmanship. Look forward to more.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

TRAINS1941

Quote from: lab-dad on March 12, 2012, 04:06:53 PM
Make sure you ask about corners, they're new and AMAZING!!!!!!!!
He also has wall sections with doors and windows!!!

https://nebrownstone.com/index.htm

-Marty

Barney

Marty is so right.  I forgot about the new pieces he is making.  And I have them already the samples along with Marty.
His walls are just the best being made out there.  He can do any scale you need.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

After many stops and starts with my workshops and finely ended up scraping my last effort yet another attempt so a fresh start with Oscars workshop -lots to do but here is a few shots of yet another beginning !
Barney

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World