• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

the situation from last Thursday. 

I will pick up the last 20 trees ( 12")  coming Saturday.  coming weekend final landscaping

The logpond with floating logs, barkrests and the logslip is finished, the floating steam saw and sinker catamaran will be added later

A shay by Bernard.  The crew has not been added yet, the paint has not dried enough yet. Woodpile, weight and decoder added, light will be done after the Warley show.

The area in front of the workshop will house a number of donkeys. A scene of a sled under construction is presently in hand.

Things still to be done :  paint and weather a large amount of disconnects, figures, putting all the electronic stuff in their final position in the cabinet.
                                     cut lumber on the output side of the mill and the roof of the machine house.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Ray Dunakin

This is really looking good! And the trees look terrific.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

BKLN

Those trees make a HUGE difference. Your modeling work and "visual story telling" is wonderful, but those beautiful trees tie it all together. More trees! More trees!

Chuck Doan

Looking good, Jacq. That Shay is nice! But don't let Marc see the DRGW boxcars!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

LeOn3

Layout is looking good Jacq. New trees?  :D
When is Warley? Will send you a pm for a visit in one of these days. I have been started with the shed for the new layout.

Leon

jacq01

Leon,

Warley is 20-21 November.  the 18th I will see Marcel Ackle and Alan Rees in Calais and in the afternoon we will visit the Pendon museum. 19 November we will built up.

All electronics do function   ;D ;D, so I can finish the control cabinet tomorrow. 
    The layout is operated by 2 wireless and 1 fxed controller at the fiddle yard behind the layout for programming etc.
    The operators can stand between the public when running trains, set poins and operate the logdump. ( Marty, when back I'll post some photo's and sketches of the dump)

Jacq

I am what I remember.

Philip Smith

Jacq,

Always a pleasure seeing progress on this fine piece of work!

jacq01

The situation last sunday when german friends dropped in to see the progres. I have used some of their photo's to show how far it was last week.

inside the workshop.  All driving belts, boiler - and engine house will be finished later

the workbench has been shimmed  ;D

Dave's tools have been used to the good advance.

this is NOT possible during public appearances.  :o

the car and log are now having a wet appearance..

The roofs of the boiler- and engine houses are temporary structures and will be replaced with properly framed roofs when the interior of the engine house is finished.

Forum members visiting Warley are welcome, introduce yourselve and when still available, join in for a drink...and enjoy marcel's and my layout.

stands no E11 and E12

Jacq
I am what I remember.

NORCALLOGGER

Jacq,
Superbly detailed work!
Thank you for posting these pictures.
Rick

Ray Dunakin

great work! So much detail to look for.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Chuck Doan

Looking good, Jacq. Have fun at the show.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

Very nice! Wishing you a lot of fun and success at the show!

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

JESTER

jacq01

Thank you all for the encouraging words.
   Having fun will be no problem with Marcel, Alan and Nick in the crew of the combined stands ( E11 and E12 )  

Thursday morning I will see Marcel and Alan in Calais and from there we will travel together to Birmingham via the Pendon museum.
   Friday afternoon we will built up and hope to sober next morning at the opening of the show..

On the question or a deadline is a challenge,  yes and no.  Yes when the actions to be performed are known and a schedule can be made.
   No when problems or unexpected items turn up, which cannot be solved without some discisions.  Mostly these problems can be traced back to impatience, ignorance, not accepting that I understand what it is about or sheer fatigue.  
   There are of course several solutions  ;D ;D  using the lack of knowledge or understanding of the viewers to drop the usual detailing level  ::) or explain that the missing details will be finished later.... :-[.

Success is for me a positive communication with interested members of the public..  
  I built the layout for myself, without any  predetermined purpose and having a intelligent discussion or seeing someone enjoying the layout makes my day. I normally do not volunteer explaining or pointing out things, it is much more fun to see people discovering things and start a conversation. If nothing is discovered bad luck, than they are not ready for it.

There are still many things to be finished or in need of improvement. I am looking forward to work on these and think about the general perception.

Jacq

I am what I remember.