• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Jacq,

fell over this completely by accident, thought it might be of interest   ...... its interesting from the start but the logging info comes about 1/3 of the way in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ZlnE200ms
Gordon

NORCALLOGGER

Gordon,
That is a terrific clip.  One of the best I have seen on Big Wheels.
Thanks for posting the link.
Rick

jacq01

I am looking for details of the sawdust removal system, especially how the collector looked like near the lower bandsaw wheel.

The ground floor is now ready for all the stuff that is normally found there. It was a p.i.t.a. to get the top of the pillars and beams exactly
  flat and level to enable a good fit of the sawfloor structure. Several things had/have to be rearranged due to the redirection of the track to prevent seeing the "hole in the background"  I will show photo's when all is in the right shape again.... :D :D

I have split the bandsaws in a upper and lower part to be able to handle the sawmill upper part and to built the belt drives with tensioners. Piping for all the steam driven machines are in place, the "hot" pipes are all lagged. The line to the pond winch and bucking saw boat will go in when the jack slip is in place. The "exhausts" will come up on appropriate places. Another 15 belt drives to go...... :P :P

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Unfortunately I have no idea how thatw as set up....but I have been meaning to send you these two ads from the 1906 American Lumberman, that relates to sawdust and waste disposal equipment pieces for a mill.

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

jacq01

Marc,

thanks, that dutch oven cross section is of great help.   I am building a hog in paper presently  :D ;D ;D 

Jacq
I am what I remember.

jacq01

Marc,

are there more details of the M&M hog ? 
    I found in the book "Lumber" some information regarding sizes and think that a machine with a hourly ratin of 16 cords will do the job.
    This means a grinding disk of 48" x 30". Based on this info I can make a small construction drawing, but if there is somewhere out there more information, it is more than welcome.
    I found out Mitts & Merrill are still in bussiness in woodworking machines and asked or they still have documentation on the hog.

With all the discussions about paper modeling, I will make this one from paper.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

Ray Dunakin

All this talk of M&M hogs has me picturing someone getting greedy in the candy aisle!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

jacq01

Ray,

are these the ones you have in mind ??

Jacq
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

Jacq, go stand in the corner. -- Russ

Frederic Testard

I have the feeling you should enlarge the corner, Russ... I must say I feel quite puzzled. All these great modellers losing their mind together, all of a sudden. It's odd, and if I dare say : inadequate.
OK, OK, I know where the corner is. This is the crowdy place...
Frederic Testard

RoughboyModelworks

Cool... Cheech & Chong M&Ms.  I wonder which one is Dave  ???

Paul (Dave's not here man...)

Philip Smith

some new ground cover hammburger man :o

jacq01

Russ,

in the corner is no room for modeling........... :'( :'(
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

I am going to hire Nick to build a big tower with lots of corners. In each corner will be a modeling bench and tools. At least when you stand in the corner you will still be able to do some modeling. -- Russ