• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Rees

Quote from: jacq01 on August 11, 2011, 01:32:36 AM

Ray,

yes we passed through Oulu.  As the mainline is single track, we had to wait 25 minutes before we continued to Kemi.
   A nice railwaystation, but a strange place to have a tattoo shop  ???.

Jacq

Indeed, that is a scheduled 25 min stop.  In many parts of the world there would be traders on the platform taking this daily opportunity to hustle you.
I won't tell you where Jacq's tattoo is.

marc_reusser

Nice to hear your doing better, and see you back to modeling!  Keep up both.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

jacq01

The layout will go to the following exhibitions this year :

8/9    October    RAMMA + Expometrique Sedan (F)
    15/16   October    US convention             Rodgau  near Frankfurt  (D)
     5/6     November  Spoorgroep Zuid          Helmond  (NL) 
    25/27   November  Railexpo                     Villebon sur Yvette ( Paris)   

Jacq   

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

danpickard

Nice to see you'll have a busy next few months on the road Jacq.  Please remember to grab a few pics of the set up while out and about, and I look forward to reports on the layout feedback.  Have some good shows...

Cheers,
Dan

jacq01

Here a link to the RAMMA Sedan show. The photo's are by Frank Forsten. He joined me to Sedan and we had a very good time.
    Not too much beer  ;) , good food and nice company.
    The text is in German, I hope this is not a problem

http://www.noetzel24.de/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=336

I have had not time to sort photo's and impressions at I straight away started with repairs of some irritating items, causing the ocassional derailment or pick up problems.
    Tomoorow packing for the US convention in Rodgau ( Germany) where Alan and Nick will join me on Friday to try to dump the logs in the pond.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

Chuck Doan

The link goes to a registration page for me. No passwort have I gottun.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Frank Forsten

The noetzel24 forum is a private one, used by a small group of friends, so no access without account. So I'll add the image links and some explainations here. There are many pics of Jacq's layout here in the forum and at other places, so I did just a few "men-at-work" shots:

And behind the layout, Jacq and I were at work:

The most important part of the layout is this chute which helps tp perform the "dump-the-log-in-the-pond" game which always attracts the audience:

Frank Forsten

The audience was very cheerful about the layout and I don't want to know how much GB memory space was filled with images and movies.

Of course many questions were asked, for three days we spoke a mix of english and french - for me it was a surprise, that even young french people speak very little english. C'est la Grande Nation...

It was big fun to stand between the visitors and run the layout - including log dump - with a DECT mobile phone as remote control.

And when everything worked perfect and all logs were dumped properly, we had a smile on our faces.

That is exhausting work! Beside speaking in two foreign languages, the operating of the DECT mobiles needed quite some concentration and we deserve some refrishment.

Frank Forsten

About the environment: The exhibtion took place in a gym (?), which was rather worn.

Inside, the hall was drafty, cold and humid and we had to face several technical problems on the first day - that are the issues Jacq is working on now. A real benefit was our position right across from a large "window", so we had a nice daylight illuminating the layout.

Quite french our accomodation in the deluxe hotel "Le Relais": It had a very traditional ghoulish charme and provided lot of ideas for Last Days dioramas

I would not have been surprise if Jack Nicholson had jumped into the hall way, waving his axe...

So far about the very nice weekend. As always it was a pleasure to spend the time with Jacq model railroading or or telling stories at the bar. The exhibtion provided a lot of nice layouts, many narrow gauge. If you don't mind OT pics, I could add more impressions of RAMMA 2011 here.

Regards, Frank

Mobilgas

Frank,    Thanks for posting pictures of Jacq's layout......nice to see pictures of the layout from behind the scenes. Post more pictures when you get a chance ;)
Craig

eTraxx

Man .. I haven't seen .. or tasted for that .. 33 since 1972 in Vietnam
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Very interesting, thanks for posting the pics!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

danpickard

Thanks for that group of shots Frank.  I always appreciate those behind the scene shots as much as the front impressions.  They always come in handy for getting your head around how it all works and goes together.  You also have a really good selection of candid shots there.  Please feel free to post them all here, especially given the restrictions (language and membership) on the other site.

Thanks for sharing the updates,
Dan

finescalerr

Frank, that was a very enjoyable photo essay ... and you did it with a nice touch of humor. Thank you.

(I bet you secretly built most of the layout, too ....)

Russ

jacq01

Quote(I bet you secretly built most of the layout, too ....)

boohoo  :'( :'( :'( :'(   

tomorrow he is not part of the gang  ;)   
   I am assisting modellers like  Nick and Alan  ;D.  Also Leon together with John Vogelaar will be there with John's layout Coldcreek. ;D ;D
   there will be plenty to do, like a logdumping competition, shay crawling and much more. Questions to be answered
    Most probably the layout's beer will be gone before the end of the weekend.

Jacq

I am what I remember.