• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danpickard

There's a discussion going on one of my local railway forums, about "incentives to exhibit"...free beer to exhibitors (or atleast allow a licenced venue), now that could be real incentive (as well as help to numb the pain after answering the same question for the 83rd time in one day! ;D)

Dan

Frank Forsten

Quote from: jacq01 on October 13, 2011, 12:58:39 PM

Quote(I bet you secretly built most of the layout, too ....)

boohoo  :'( :'( :'( :'(   

Oh, well - if I got 1/4 of Jacq's skill and determination, I would be very happy...

Frank

finescalerr

You guys are so modest. I build all of Chuck Doan's models. -- ssuR

jacq01

Aha Russ,  that is good to know, than you can give me a hand in building one or two 1:35 buildings for my new project. I don't dare to ask Chuck as he is too busy. :D ;)

update :  no of visitors at the RAMMA Sedan :  9200 in 1,5 days  ( Saturday  14.00h -19.00h and Sunday 10.00h -17.30h ) despite weather, rail strike, large roadworks, ect.
               Previous show had in excess of 10.000.
               US convention Rodgau was also a large succes. no of visitors unknown.

Frank Zarges photo

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

I like that photo. He managed to make the scene come to life despite shooting in what must have been difficult circumstances and poor lighting.

The diorama ain't bad, neither ....

Russ

shropshire lad

That is just about the point where all the locos and disconnects used to leave the track last weekend . Jacq needs to get hold of Frank and get him to sort out his turnouts .  Us Master Train Operators shouldn't  be expected to put up with those sorts of problems ,

Nick

Ray Dunakin

Great photo of a marvelous diorama!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Alan Rees

Quote from: shropshire lad on October 21, 2011, 04:16:27 PM
That is just about the point where all the locos and disconnects used to leave the track last weekend . Jacq needs to get hold of Frank and get him to sort out his turnouts .  Us Master Train Operators shouldn't  be expected to put up with those sorts of problems ,

Nick

Driving was certainly a challenge, but we failed miserably to recreate this scene.... ;D

We must try harder next time !

jacq01

Rub it in, rub it in.   ::) ::)
   But it is not only my fault,  this happens when you run overloaded cars too fast over points.  The solder melted with the speed both of you drove to entertain the public.
   The bearings in the shays and climaxes will have to be replaced soon.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

Alan Rees

Quote from: jacq01 on October 22, 2011, 02:17:41 AM
 this happens when you run overloaded cars too fast over points.  

Overloaded cars  ???  If you don't tell us about the lead weights hidden in the logs. How are we to know ?
Anyway, here's a report from the DSO ... http://www.drehscheibe-foren.de/foren/read.php?10,5597684

The high speed driving can be seen here (from 3m50s) :  
http://www.myvideo.ch/watch/8300650/US_Modellbahn_Convention_2011_in_Rodgau

BTW ca. 3000 US model railroad fans visited the convention, which the organisers described as complete success.

marc_reusser

Jacq,
That photo from frank is quite neat, and captures the feel very well.

Alan,
Thanks for posting the link to the video, great to see the layout in opertation.  Also nice to see that there wer a couple of other very neat/interesting layouts. Especially liked the "City Limits" believable modeling, and very good and unique presentation, I think it had a really great feel....also really great to see that the builder was not afraid to block the views with the backs of the front building flats, thus creating really interesting lines of sight between the structures.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

jacq01

I am looking for a Bachmann On30 Climax rear truck.  I have a B'woods addition and I am not too happy with it as the truck frame and wheel diameter don't match the Bachmann ones.
    Bachmann offered some time back trucks as spares, but it looks like they are not selling them anymore. Rear trucks from loco's with busted gears do have my interest.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

danpickard

Hi Jacq,
Still contact Bachmann though their parts & service section on their website.  I have ordered and received parts not listed in their usual parts list as displayed online.  Download one of the exploded diagrams of the loco in question, so you can refer to the correct parts numbers.  I had to replace the front drive shaft on a Climax and had no problem with getting the part through Bachmann (even though not listed online).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Dan

jacq01

Dan,

bad luck.  >:(    Individual parts for driveline yes, complete truck no.  They are not available according to the email from the service department.

If someone has a climax with defunct driveline or broken gears and is willing to part from it, please contact me.

Just received a new mail from Bachmann Service with good news  ;D ;D

Jacq
I am what I remember.

jacq01

Anyone going to the Railexpo 2011 ( ex Expometrique ) in Villebon sur Yvette coming weekend ?

We are in dire need of English speaking visitors, otherwise all discussions will be inbetween ourselves  :o :o
  It was a shock in Sedan to discover how few French, even the younger ones, speak English.

Jacq
I am what I remember.