• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

"Modelers Social Club"

Started by Carlo, March 30, 2012, 12:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but I just discovered the "Modelers' Social Club" Forum,
and specifically the thread linked below. A wonderfully complete job of building, detailing,
painting, and especially weathering a "Crusty 'n rusty Dodge WC 51 Beep".

Take a look...  Carlo

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=rustbucket&thread=36&page=1

Gordon Ferguson

THANKS Carlo,

I had spotted this a few weeks ago but then lost it and could not remember which forum it was on  ................ really like the final finish he has achieved
Gordon

Ray Dunakin

Wow, awesome build and weathering!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Andi Little

Very very good - I was inspired to achieve something of this ilk at the earliest opportunity - "note to self - be brilliant in the near future".
It really was excellent, Although I found it a bit difficult to follow in places as the goal posts seemed to keep moving - quality of pic's and colour rendering that kind of thing. But never the less I was moved to flit backwards and forwards through the images in order to make sure I understood what was going on ................. I can't actually follow all this "pin wash and filters" talk, as I grew up with terms like "glaze and render" and later "dry-brush and wash" ................ I'm so Old-School people actually say "Ah Bless"!!

PS .................. Can we make sure we ban [or at least frown upon] photo signatures ................ it drove me insane. Makes a page very difficult to read and just makes the poster look as though they suffer from ADHD. .............. Of course I would be far to polite to say that out loud.

Hugs everyone.
KBO..................... Andi.

Frederic Testard

Andi, if you lick on the Print button in the right bottom of the pages, you'll get a new page with the whole topic and no madding photo signatures. Having the whole thread displayed in one single page and no disturbing images makes it a good option to consider.
Frederic Testard

Bexley

Quote from: Frederic Testard on March 30, 2012, 11:45:08 PMif you lick on the Print button in the right bottom of the pages, you'll get a new page with the whole topic and no madding photo signatures.

!!!
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Andi Little

Quote from: Frederic Testard on March 30, 2012, 11:45:08 PM
Andi, if you click on the Print button in the right bottom of the pages, you'll get a new page with the whole topic and no madding photo signatures. Having the whole thread displayed in one single page and no disturbing images makes it a good option to consider.

WOW ....... what an amazing difference that makes - Not something I would of thought of myself - GREAT tip.

And you're right, it makes for a much more involving read, and the images flow better too.

Very many thanks.
KBO..................... Andi.