• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Heywood Brake Van Fresh out of the shop...

Started by W.P. Rayner, May 24, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

Here is the Heywood Brake Van just out of the shop with fresh coats of varnish and paint and all the brass bits polished...

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

Forgive me...
is that the model or a cadtoon?
-Marty

Chuck Doan

Looks great and I have no idea if it is real or virtual. Pretty nifty.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

W.P. Rayner

Thank you gentlemen... that is a "cadtoon", as you put it Marty...  ;D

Paul

finescalerr

EZnKY

Very impressive! The matching perspective between the rendering and the background photo is the most impressive part to me. 
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

W.P. Rayner

Thanks Eric... that's one of the trickiest parts to work out, takes a lot of time to get it right. Here's the latest - created a new image of the skeleton view of the Van showing all the underbody detail and the hand-cranked brake mechanism. Larger views can be seen on my site.

Paul

EZnKY

Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

finescalerr

How do you suspend the hardware in the air while you're taking the picture? Does your program include an anti-gravity app? -- ssuR

marc_reusser

That shop look like it's in a pretty dicey hood. Amazing how much the English country-side remind me of Fresno.  ;D   ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ken Hamilton

....that's just amazing....
I STILL don't believe it's a Cadtoon.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: finescalerr on May 29, 2012, 12:22:05 AM
How do you suspend the hardware in the air while you're taking the picture? Does your program include an anti-gravity app? -- ssuR
Well I'm tempted to say that I use Adobe's AntiGrav app, but actually I suspend them all on string and then airbrush out the strings...

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 29, 2012, 03:06:35 PM
That shop look like it's in a pretty dicey hood. Amazing how much the English country-side remind me of Fresno.  ;D   ;D
Marc
Right.... well some areas don't look much more appealing than Spitalfields (apart of course from some of the significant architecture of which Fresno has none...  ;)). Unfortunately I haven't yet found a suitable HDR background of 15" gauge trackwork...

Paul