• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Truck

Started by Barney, June 03, 2012, 09:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Forgot the underside - but 2 of the top side !!!!!

Hosted on Fotki

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Simply beautiful scratch-work.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

The worms will definitely get an eyeful!  (Get it?  Worm's eye view of the underside?)

Oh well ... looking damn good ... is that better?!  ;D  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Barney

Onto the bodywork of the workshop -first photo shows the underside of the floor (a view for the worms) and the shape of the storage benches.
I was going to build the complete body first and then slot the interior part in last but to many problems kept popping up and more support to the sides was required so I had to think "ship into a bottle" and start to build it inside out !!

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Lego blocks now skinned with plastic card and storage cabinets fronts fitted in place the end blank space will be for the Arc Welder - the knobs for all the draws and cabinets are fine pins with round heads
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Gordon Ferguson

Was going to admire the 4 ring cooker , but then I realised it was one of your "famous" Lego blocks  ;D

Nice work ........... thought of having one, or maybe more, of the drawers slightly open with few tools ?

Only asking as I know you are not under any time pressure to finish this  ;)
Gordon

Barney

Gordon the answer is NO!!  Army regulation 700077 states no draws should be left open
Barney

Barney

Some of the workshop machines ready for the paint shop

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

The rear end panel for the workshop body and a few more bits for the paint shop

Hosted on Fotki

The seat cushions are made from Milliput and textured with a dry cloth.

Hosted on Fotki

Nearly there now and well on the way for the final assembly and Completion !!
Barney

Gordon Ferguson

Looking good, thought you been a bit quiet ....... glad you have been using your time wisely ;D

What colour is the inside of workshop?
Gordon

lab-dad

Looking great!
Love the finishes already applied, cant wait to see it all done.
Will there be a way to see inside when complete or will it be all closed up?

The cushions look great too - and I just got some milliput! ;D
-Mj

Malachi Constant

Excellent!  Glad to see the progress.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Barney

Marty - yes you will see the interior-the vehicle was originally built for desert use it will have a "sunshine roof " 2 sliding roof  panels and the sides have roller type blinds fitted -the rollers are just visible and tie down straps have been fitted -the grill is the air vent for the generator and compressor which are driven off the rear of the gearbox a bench top has yet to be fitted to cover them
Gordon - my new paint set has only shades of green !
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Chuck Doan

Coming along nicely!

I would assume drawers in a mobile item would have some kind of lift then pull action to keep from sliding open in transit.
Thus saving time modelling open ones. ;)
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/